What's Spinning

IMG_3370.jpeg
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation (1st USA pressing w/ poster)

As with the Void/Faith OG…normally I do not care about OG pressings, but I’m sure like some of you, this was a life changing record (as a 12 year old it changed my life, as a 42 year old it sill does) so to get a “grail” (I hate that term, no offense to anyone). It means a lot to me. This came in today, NM all around, the 12 year old in me couldn’t be happier.

On top of that, the brewery just a few blocks from my home just dropped their Sonic Youth beer, “Star Power”, so what better way to celebrate! Oh and, happy birthday Marshall Allen. Don’t worry, we are celebrating you NEXT.

IMG_3373.jpeg

View attachment 204045
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation (1st USA pressing w/ poster)

As with the Void/Faith OG…normally I do not care about OG pressings, but I’m sure like some of you, this was a life changing record (as a 12 year old it changed my life, as a 42 year old it sill does) so to get a “grail” (I hate that term, no offense to anyone). It means a lot to me. This came in today, NM all around, the 12 year old in me couldn’t be happier.

On top of that, the brewery just a few blocks from my home just dropped their Sonic Youth beer, “Star Power”, so what better way to celebrate! Oh and, happy birthday Marshall Allen. Don’t worry, we are celebrating you NEXT.

View attachment 204048
Such a great album. I was 20 when it came out. Had not heard the album yet when I saw them live w/ Screaming Trees opening. My ears are still ringing.

Back