Cables - one of the most taboo subjects in audio

The female to male RCA would be the best bet then. You want it as short as possible but definitely want a little slack if you want that connection to stay good between the 2 RCA (especially if you have kids or a pets possibly bumping it).
If you are using a MM or MI cart, I'd also recommend a very low capacitance, well-shielded RCA cable. Blue Jean Cable's LC-1 would be an example.

If you are using a MC cart, then the capacitance matters less but the shielding could matter more.

If any of that matters to you, BJC could fabricate a custom-length extension cable for you (Female RCA one end, Male RCA on the other).

If you are using a MM or MI cart, I'd also recommend a very low capacitance, well-shielded RCA cable. Blue Jean Cable's LC-1 would be an example.

If you are using a MC cart, then the capacitance matters less but the shielding could matter more.

If any of that matters to you, BJC could fabricate a custom-length extension cable for you (Female RCA one end, Male RCA on the other).
Blue Jeans are handy for this stuff. I used to use MonoPrice for weird custom stuff but I switched to BJ. Solid cables

Are there not shelves that you can put the amp on underneath the turntable?

The shelves are in the middle, and there are drawers on either side - the turntable would be above the drawers. The console is about 96” wide and will have a TV on it, so the TT will be pretty far off to the side.

After we get settled, I’ll probably have someone put new cables on the TT. If it had RCA jacks, this wouldn’t be a problem :(

Yeah, I was gonna hit up Blue Jeans. I’ve always heard good things about them.

I use Grado carts which supposedly aren’t affected by capacitance, but I’d still like to get something that’s well made.

You sass Angus until he messes with your title. But be careful, Angus is a monkeys paw, you may have a wish, but it will likely not turn out as you had anticipated...
<333 @Colonel_Angus made my avatar. never getting rid of it. even if it is christmas themed.

i would humbly request Re Member (ReMember?!) because i disappear so often it's like HI HI HELLO REMEMBER ME or is that too lion king dead dad?

NO WAIT... i got it.... BORED MEMBER

Back