Choose Your Own Adventure - The October 2024 Spin Challenge

3-Expert: Play an album by a musician who was fined or caused a fine to be levied because of their on air actions.

James Brown "Hot Pants" (1971 Polydor, Canadian pressing)
James Brown was a massive prick, on many levels. One of his infamous moves of assholery was to fine his musicians when he wasn't happy about their performance, if they missed a note or if they weren't dressed as expected. Anything he felt like really. He would even fine the opening band if he wasn't happy. He would also do this right on stage by flashing his hand at band members, each flash being a $5 fine. Total 10.5 points.

IMG_2145.JPG

3-Oct On this day in 1992, Sinead O'Connor tore up a picture of Pope John Paul II while playing on Saturday Night Live. The FCC fined NBC $2.5 million for the act. Expert: Play an album by a musician who was fined or caused a fine to be levied because of their on air actions.
=10.5 Points

Riding @Wicked Dreamer 's coattails with this incident. Janet was involved in a certain Super Bowl halftime that caused a fine to be levied out to CBS.

Janet Jackson - Janet
20241003_082954.jpg

Day 03: Expert: Play an album by a musician who was fined or caused a fine to be levied because of their on air bridge actions.
Total Points: 10.5

Dave Matthews Band - Crash

IMG_0065.jpeg
Crash
? more like “dump” amirite?

Day 03: Expert: Play an album by a musician who was fined or caused a fine to be levied because of their on air bridge actions.
Total Points: 10.5

Dave Matthews Band - Crash

View attachment 215136
Crash
? more like “dump” amirite?

See you should have changed it to “in air”

3-Oct On this day in 1992, Sinead O'Connor tore up a picture of Pope John Paul II while playing on Saturday Night Live. The FCC fined NBC $2.5 million for the act. Hard: Play a song that criticizes organized religion.

Point total 8 (6.5 + 2, lose .5 for moving down one level) I feel like I should be rolling a 20 sided dice here...

Soundgarden ~ Badmotorfinger

IMG_1511.jpeg

3-Oct On this day in 1992, Sinead O'Connor tore up a picture of Pope John Paul II while playing on Saturday Night Live. The FCC fined NBC $2.5 million for the act. Hard: Play a song that criticizes organized religion.

Point total 8 (6.5 + 2, lose .5 for moving down one level) I feel like I should be rolling a 20 sided dice here...

Soundgarden ~ Badmotorfinger

View attachment 215137

See it’s not just me @Hemotep

Back