Choose Your Own Adventure - The October 2024 Spin Challenge

Day 3

I did a whole lot of research last night and this morning in the intent of not going with the low hanging fruit. However, I wanted to listen to this when I read the prompt the other night AND the generator pull today didn’t exactly abate that desire… so

Expert…
IMG_2095.jpeg
Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope

Points- I’ll be back in a minute. I have to read the rules again…. 10.5

Day 3

I did a whole lot of research last night and this morning in the intent of not going with the low hanging fruit. However, I wanted to listen to this when I read the prompt the other night AND the generator pull today didn’t exactly abate that desire… so

Expert…
View attachment 215197
Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope

Points- I’ll be back in a minute. I have to read the rules again…. 10.5
I my plan is to just cheat off of @Turbo ’s total.

4-Oct On this day in 1999, David Bowie released his twenty-first studio album, "Hours." It was the first complete album by a major artist available for download over the Internet, preceding the physical release by two weeks. Expert: Play an album that was the first to use a new technology, technique, or strategy in its creation or distribution.

This record was the first live album ever recorded direct to digital on the fly...

Joe Jackson - Big World

IMG_6623.jpeg

MTD Tally - 15

Day 04: Expert: Play an album that was the first to use a new technology, technique, or strategy in its creation or distribution.
Total points: 15

Radiohead - In Rainbows
IMG_0086.jpeg

This was the first released by a major label to use the “Pay What You Want” model for the albums digital release. I am certain I paid $0.00 to download this album upon its release in 2007 but I purchased the vinyl when it was released so they got their money. This is the first time in a long time that I have spun the non-diskbox version of this record and boy this 2008 press is not great.

Last edited:
Back