Definitive Audiophile pressings

Please return it to Rhino. I've heard it's terrible and this advice has nothing to do with them needing a return to send me mine.
gPG4RhRtcyzwmZqJFzeL6SXJ63ObQncicbmjxctE4J0.jpg

@Mather The bass is actually more pronounced on your previous pressing of Portishead Roseland NYC than on this reissue? Damn. It's actually pretty deep on this latest reissue.... Forgot how great this live recording is (hadn't played it since the 90's off the CD I had). Don't know why, I love Postishead. Anyway, the live instrumentation takes the songs to a whole new place without denaturing them. Good stuff.

@Mather The bass is actually more pronounced on your previous pressing of Portishead Roseland NYC than on this reissue? Damn. It's actually pretty deep on this latest reissue.... Forgot how great this live recording is (hadn't played it since the 90's off the CD I had). Don't know why, I love Postishead. Anyway, the live instrumentation takes the songs to a whole new place without denaturing them. Good stuff.
Having never heard the MOV this reissue is killer. It does make me curious to hear it, but also don't feel like I need to hunt it down. I do agree with @Mather that this one doesn't have a live feel at times because they've killed off so much of the crowd noise.

When I say more bass, it's not a lot more and it's not to say the low end on the reissue isn't perfectly good, it is. But the MOV just has a bit more. It's unnecessary though, both pressings sound really good. But still not sure I like the cuts used on the new one. Even though they are the CORRECT cuts from that show...

Back