Definitive Audiophile pressings

I’ve got 3, first cars, van and television.

I suppose it’s more that again it’s got into its jazz and 70s rock groove and repeat artists and I suppose I was just hoping for it to tread a more interesting line.
They seem to be abandoning jazz at the moment and going for all rock. Just not that excited about some of those 70s rumored titles. Hoping they don’t just curate for people in their 60s moving forward hah.

They have the same issue as most other "audiophile" labels - in that they only have access to the same shit that has been reissued many times over the years. The price point doesn't always reflect the chance of a slight improvement over a previous release.

If we start seeing Talking Heads or yet another release of Electric Warrior people will lose their shit.

They have the same issue as most other "audiophile" labels - in that they only have access to the same shit that has been reissued many times over the years. The price point doesn't always reflect the chance of a slight improvement over a previous release.

If we start seeing Talking Heads or yet another release of Electric Warrior people will lose their shit.
It’s funny because I feel like Talking Heads is the band I’ve seen most people want in this series despite there being great CB and KG cuts already.

Warner/Rhino has a TON of titles available and they aren’t being held back by a label not wanting to license a title to them.

It’s funny because I feel like Talking Heads is the band I’ve seen most people want in this series despite there being great CB and KG cuts already.

Warner/Rhino has a TON of titles available and they aren’t being held back by a label not wanting to license a title to them.

I don't see a need for more Talking Heads - the previous releases have been great.

Unless they release the later albums (last years reissues were great, though) - While I love their early stuff, I don't want to have to buy them all again.

(because I know I will)

Last edited:

I mean rhino is warners reissue label. Warners weren’t just the 70s. They have continuously released music up to now and have bought so many other labels in the meantime. The amount of stuff they could potentially do is enormous. That’s why this is even more boring.

I'm prepared to be underwhelmed - but still buy them if I don't have it or if my old copy isn't in the best shape...depending on the band.

I don't care for another Doobie Bros release.

Because this is Rhino, they like to stick with the same artists for series like this - I can see Sabbath Bloody Sabbath as a possibility.

I'd like to see a release of On The Beach, but with Neil Young being Neil Young, I don't know how likely that would be.

There are a lot of possibilities, but some just don't seem like "audiophile" albums that a company would put $$ into. I love Ry Cooder – Paradise And Lunch, but that album probably doesn't have a very big audience for a $50 release. There was a Speakers Corner release of it, cut by Boom Boom himself - so who knows.

It may tempt me enough to check it out - but I do have a decent promo of the original.

Last edited:
I'm prepared to be underwhelmed - but still buy them if I don't have it or if my old copy isn't in the best shape...depending on the band.

Because this is Rhino, they like to stick with the same artists for series like this - I can see Sabbath Bloody Sabbath as a possibility.

I'd like to see a release of On The Beach, but with Neil Young being Neil Young, I don't know how likely that would be.

There are a lot of possibilities, but some just don't seem like "audiophile" albums that a company would put $$ into. I love Ry Cooder – Paradise And Lunch, but that album probably doesn't have a very big audience for a $50 release. There was a Speakers Corner release of it, cut by Boom Boom himself - so who knows.

It may tempt me enough to check it out - but I do have a decent promo of the original.
Doesn’t On The Beach have a good reissue from Neil already too?

I only really watch those videos now if I can’t sleep. They knock me out right away 😂 It’s all just people guessing at this point but it’s a 50th anniversary and most of the guesses have been snoozefests for me.
The only two that would surprise and excite me are Bonnie Raitt and Curtis Mayfield, who both have 50th albums that would fit through Warner. But odds are it's going to be Deep Purple and Bad Company. Burn doesn't have an audiophile release that I know of, but Bad Company has too many to count.

I'd love that Cooder, but like you said it probably doesn't have a big of enough pull for the series.

The only two that would surprise and excite me are Bonnie Raitt and Curtis Mayfield, who both have 50th albums that would fit through Warner. But odds are it's going to be Deep Purple and Bad Company. Burn doesn't have an audiophile release that I know of, but Bad Company has too many to count.

This is what I have a feeling it's gonna be, too...or titles/artists in the same vein.

It's disappointing, but will save my wallet for a bit if this is what it ends up being. Not a fan of Bad Company and I don't listen to the Deep Purple I do have enough to need to buy a copy of Burn.

This is what I have a feeling it's gonna be, too.

It's disappointing, but will save my wallet for a bit if this is what it ends up being. Not a fan of Bad Company and I don't listen to the Deep Purple I do have enough to need to buy a copy of Burn.
The Bow To Your Masters series that did the stoner rock tribute to Burn is better than the original to me and what I always go for. I haven't listened to the Deep Purple version in years. And I enjoy some Bad Company, but the cheaper reissues have no problems that I can hear. It would be hard to want to fork over the money on them, but I also am keeping up with the series so it would be a battle of smarts over collectors stupidity for me.

Back