Definitive Audiophile pressings

I don't think most people on this thread are in the habit of telling people their records don't sound good. As said before, it's literally the audiophile thread. This is the place to be bougie assholes, and for the most part I think we're all really good about it. I mean I would hope that when I say I like one pressing better than another it doesn't come off like I'm telling everyone with the other pressing that it sucks. I mean it's kinda the point of the audiophile thread in my mind to find the best pressings of albums.

I get that. I’d kinda not been hanging around here for a while and it hit me in the face like the heat when you get off a plane somewhere hot.

I do think there is more shitting on pretty nice presses than you’re admitting to.

I totally get it and have been feeling this way for a while myself. If I had easy access to trade/sell records I would have got rid of half my collection by now I think. And yet I still have to fight that FOMO urge to buy the latest reissue of something I owned on cd 30 years ago.
Agree and I have said it many times before - the perfect is the enemy of the good. A pressing that sounds great and you enjoy is all you need.

Then explore music the reissue companies aren't pushing on you. There is so much out there!

I have been pulling records out of my collection from years ago and getting back into them. I have so much music, I have reached the point where it is a relief - and very liberating - to just enjoy great music instead of getting sucked into the latest, better, bestest reissue cycle.

To each their own. Just for me, there is nothing more boring than comparing different pressings, especially if you already have an excellent one.

I stopped a few years back buying any reissue I have a good OG of. There are always exceptions. Such as - I am perfectly willing to dump an overpriced OG and pick up a high quality reissue when I come out ahead. The OG may be better. The reissue, like a TP, is perfectly fine. I will happily drop a MM for a BN Classic. Marginal tradeoff at best.

You do have access to trade/sell records in Toronto. I can hook you up.

I have cleansed several times in the last few years, first during covid lockdown when I had time to kill. You have no idea of how much crap I pulled out. Interesting thing is - I haven't missed a single one. Liberating.

Back