Definitive Audiophile pressings

Will see if my backorder gets filled from this! I placed it a month ago.

I just spoke w AS about what happened w Dolphy “Far Cry” (my post from yesterday). The rep apologized about their antiquated inventory system leading to “in stock” items switching to backorder. On the bright side, he confirmed I will not be charged shipping when the backordered items ultimately ship. This arose bc, in two of these situations, I added an SACD to bump to free shipping. In both, the SACDs shipped but the records went to backorder.
i haven't been charged separate shipping for any backordered items shipping separately so that's at least a plus...

hey Chad--use some of the $900 you're charging for each bill evans box set to update your damn website lol

Last edited:
Sounds like I am getting this. I had it on backorder with the JLH records and the whole order is now in Q. I guess I'll know soon how they charge for shipping.
if everything on your order was backordered but one album came in stock, you will likely get charged shipping on the first album that comes back into stock but won't get charged shipping for any others from now on that were in that same order. that's what happened to me with my order.

Checked my backordered, isn't marked as filled :/

If they are actually putting it up for sale before filling all the backorders (you know, the thing we were all told to do) then thats pretty fucked up.
i ordered far cry when it was back "in stock" forgetting i had already backordered. the backordered one shipped and the "in stock" purchase did not ship. i think they are being slow to change those backorders to W so hopefully you will still get your copy. Depending on when you ordered it, it's also possible that they just don't fulfill all the backorders this time around. It's another album that they likely just had some jackets lying around and sold those copies.

i ordered far cry when it was back "in stock" forgetting i had already backordered. the backordered one shipped and the "in stock" purchase did not ship. i think they are being slow to change those backorders to W so hopefully you will still get your copy. Depending on when you ordered it, it's also possible that they just don't fulfill all the backorders this time around. It's another album that they likely just had some jackets lying around and sold those copies.
@DJSJ I ordered mine fairly recently (01/11/2022) and it seems like it's getting fulfilled. When did you order yours?

2/3/22, after the video came out where the guy strongly suggested people backorder the titles they want. My order is now updated from B to Q, whatever that means. Quiet Kenny and all the other albums have changed to Q.
Yeah, you're getting it then. It means it's in the warehouse, preparing to be shipped. The rest of your order will shift back to B one that record ships

Slight update on AS’s backorder shipping charges.

I ordered 2 backordered albums last September. Since they were backordered I was charged $8 shipping on my initial credit card hold (no free shipping on an entirely backordered order). The first AP record shipped a few weeks later and I was charged $55 + tax + $8 shipping.

The second item in my backorder just came into stock. They honored the old price and did not charge me shipping this time. So it appears that if you place a bigger order with all backordered items, you just pay shipping once even if they come back into stock at different times
Related question: so when you place an order for a backordered AP release, is it just an initial credit card hold and they don't actually charge you until it ships? Thanks in advance.

Related question: so when you place an order for a backordered AP release, is it just an initial credit card hold and they don't actually charge you until it ships? Thanks in advance.
it happens a lot with point of sale systems and is kind of annoying....but they will preauthorize a hold on your card for the full amount of your backorder when you order. it will get wiped fairly quickly (a day or two).

then whenever any items from that backorder come in, you'll get another preauthorization charge for the full amount, then will get charged just for whatever is immediately shipping. next time, you'll get hit with the full amount minus what you already paid, and so on.

Mine arrived today along with the Mono Smiley Smile (listening now) and Eric Dolphy's Far Cry. A great audiophile mail call.
I own both of those AP Beach Boys titles, they are excellent. The next AP Beach Boys title I hope to pick up is Summer Days (And Summer Nights) my older copy is in rough shape. I have a Great older copy of Sunflower or I would probably grab the AP of that as is a pretty wonderful record. I wish they did a reissue of 20/20 good older pressings a hard to come by at a good price,

Back