Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

could be worse! seriously this behavior *feels* like it is at an all time high. but then again i've only been an active user for 12 years.

Whatever...you don't respect art.

lol

Screenshot 2022-07-10 104646.jpg

Yeah. I didn't know what I was getting into when I made an edit and then EI'd them a couple times. I'm not sure where they are at CIP-wise, but I'm sure they are close.

Last edited:
I think they're going for the all time low Discogs voting score! lol

I stopped counting at 20 EI's and Needs Major Changes votes....there were probably more.

The other one, old.friends.for.sale, had a different account once upon a time

The user pop.corn messaged me yesterday and told me there is some Prince private Facebook group that doesn't allow changes on anything Prince related.

I don't think I believed it at first, but this guy is making me think it could be legit.

i know some prince fans clubbed together (on a hidden facebook group - someone sent me once a link to that group but meanwhile i am blocked) to implement their own parameters or vote no to merge requests - i work against it, explain and execute discogs parameters, that's why i am their target...

For those that also add some of there there digital cd's, gold discs, sacd, hdcd, good rips, etc do you put these in a seperate folder, for not to soil your vinyl listing and just keep them in the master list ? 😊

For those that also add some of there there digital cd's, gold discs, sacd, hdcd, good rips, etc do you put these in a seperate folder, for not to soil your vinyl listing and just keep them in the master list ? 😊
Separate CD folder. I have them all so I have a master list of my collection (still have about 200 cds). Also have a few Bandcamp releases in a Digital folder as well

Separate CD folder. I have them all so I have a master list of my collection (still have about 200 cds). Also have a few Bandcamp releases in a Digital folder as well
Question on folders: I have created a bunch, but have not transferred anything into them yet, when you do this does it take them off the master list or keep it there as well ?

Future discogs power user! :ROFLMAO:
1657480914754.png

Question on folders: I have created a bunch, but have not transferred anything into them yet, when you do this does it take them off the master list or keep it there as well ?

Future discogs power user! :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 145466
Keeps them in the Master list. The folders are just sub-folders of the master list. So when you click the COLLECTION tab, it is your entire collection. Then you can drill down to just your Blue Note folder or what have you

I use folders to separate out LPs CDs 7" etc.

The one issue I can see is that a release can only be in one folder. I was thinking about making folders for soundtracks, but they couldn't also be in the LP folder.
So that would be true of any genre folder then, right? If you want to have an LP folder, that’s as far as you can go with your categorization?

If so, assuming LPs would be the largest category, might make sense to NOT create an LP folder because you would know that anything not in a CD, 7”, etc. folder is an LP, and then you could create genre folders for your LPs.

Last edited:
I use folders to separate out LPs CDs 7" etc.

The one issue I can see is that a release can only be in one folder. I was thinking about making folders for soundtracks, but they couldn't also be in the LP folder.
That is a big limitation with Discogs. Instead of folders (so 20th century thinking) they need to use tags. This way I could bring all my Bowie etc together in one click.

So that would be true of any genre folder then, right? If you want to have an LP folder, that’s as far as you can go with your categorization?

If so, assuming LPs would be the largest category, might make sense to NOT create an LP folder because you would know that anything not in a CD, 7”, etc. folder is an LP, and then you could create genre folders for your LPs.
I have genre folders for my LPs but that is the only media that is afforded that luxury.

Back