Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Got another whst would you do type scenario. I sold a record, not inexpensive $45, and as I was packing it up the Discogs listing said it included a CD. I looked in the sleeve and it doesn't have the CD, and I can't even recall if it even came with one. I contacted the buyer twice to let them know and give them the option to cancel if that's a deal breaker. I haven't heard back. Do I keep waiting it or just ship it out due to lack of response?

Got another whst would you do type scenario. I sold a record, not inexpensive $45, and as I was packing it up the Discogs listing said it included a CD. I looked in the sleeve and it doesn't have the CD, and I can't even recall if it even came with one. I contacted the buyer twice to let them know and give them the option to cancel if that's a deal breaker. I haven't heard back. Do I keep waiting it or just ship it out due to lack of response?aybe leave one last comment stating you
Maybe, leave one last comment stating you are going to mail it out in a week if you don't receive a reply? Once it's mailed off then the ball would be in the buyers court.

Got another whst would you do type scenario. I sold a record, not inexpensive $45, and as I was packing it up the Discogs listing said it included a CD. I looked in the sleeve and it doesn't have the CD, and I can't even recall if it even came with one. I contacted the buyer twice to let them know and give them the option to cancel if that's a deal breaker. I haven't heard back. Do I keep waiting it or just ship it out due to lack of response?
Chances are the buyer didn't even know there was a CD. Regardless, I think you did what I would do.

Can someone explain this to me like I'm a two-year-old who doesn't want to pay taxes on the 150ish albums/CDs I'll sell this year?
You will receive a form showing your gross receipts for the year. You only have to pay taxes on the gains. I would say you sell as a part of your hobby of collecting music. You can deduct all the costs of selling from the gross receipts, including discogs/eBay fees, state taxes submitted, shipping costs, packaging costs, and the original cost of each item sold. Then you report what's left, the net receipts, as other income.

But, should you be audited, which is highly unlikely, you will need to show your work, including proof of the costs, particularly the original item costs. You might be able to estimate these amounts, I'm not an accountant

Hey guys - is there a way to export a filtered list from your collection? Like to a spreadsheet?

Specifically, I want a list of the japanese pressings I own. So I filtered with keyword "japan" and got a list. I want to export that to an excel sheet. Basically, what I see on the screen after I search my collection with a keyword. There's a few errors in the list but I can edit them by hand later in excel.

Hey guys - is there a way to export a filtered list from your collection? Like to a spreadsheet?

Specifically, I want a list of the japanese pressings I own. So I filtered with keyword "japan" and got a list. I want to export that to an excel sheet. Basically, what I see on the screen after I search my collection with a keyword. There's a few errors in the list but I can edit them by hand later in excel.
I would suggest exporting the collection and then doing the filtering on the CSV file that you get from discogs instead of trying to get the filtered list from 'cogs. I've only poked at the cogs site a few minutes trying to do this and don't see an easy way to do it, I'll let you know if i I get it, but I think the post-export manipulation might be faster.

I would suggest exporting the collection and then doing the filtering on the CSV file that you get from discogs instead of trying to get the filtered list from 'cogs. I've only poked at the cogs site a few minutes trying to do this and don't see an easy way to do it, I'll let you know if i I get it, but I think the post-export manipulation might be faster.

I played around with it for a bit too but couldn't see anything. I did think of exporting the whole thing, but I was hoping to avoid having to filter 1700 entries in excel. But you're probably right, it's likely not that bad.

I played around with it for a bit too but couldn't see anything. I did think of exporting the whole thing, but I was hoping to avoid having to filter 1700 entries in excel. But you're probably right, it's likely not that bad.
Sadly I don't think country is one of the fields in the exported data. I think you still have to 'mark' them in some way in your collection and filter on that. You could rate all the Japanese pressings 1 star and then sort the data

Sadly I don't think country is one of the fields in the exported data. I think you still have to 'mark' them in some way in your collection and filter on that. You could rate all the Japanese pressings 1 star and then sort the data

Luckily, they're all near the top of the list if I sort by date added (recent at the top). All of these japanese pressings were purchased in the last year. I just went through it by hand and it was ok for this situation. Took about 20 minutes or so. Not ideal, but ok.

I was thinking of keeping some notes on them. Most are excellent pressings (mainly they're quiet and sound great), but some are just stellar.

ok, this is a record I just picked up. I spent time yesterday digging through each release searching for my particular copy and this is what I've come away with so far. I will be also posting a link to a dropbox folder of photos i took as well as video of me rotating the disc to view the etchings in the run out.

as I see it though right now the etchings are as follows

Side A: RLP-12-247-A1 AB CC
Side B: RLP-12-247-B1 AB

other identifiers from other releases only pertaining to what i have on my disc and sleeve:

Deep Groove stamping on both sides
'INC.' on both sides after Bill Grauer Productions
No Riverside/Contemporary Series logo on the front top right corner
It Does have a 247 Riverside logo on the bottom right corner
Too much damage for any identifiers on bottom of edge if there is any additional info there
The listings of albums available on the bottom right on the back of the sleeve

Attachments

• jlLkmB7.jpeg
    jlLkmB7.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 2
  • GEBYgCV.jpeg
    GEBYgCV.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 2
  • VKBKNhU.jpeg
    VKBKNhU.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 1
  • hr9QRqP.jpeg
    hr9QRqP.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 2

ok, this is a record I just picked up. I spent time yesterday digging through each release searching for my particular copy and this is what I've come away with so far. I will be also posting a link to a dropbox folder of photos i took as well as video of me rotating the disc to view the etchings in the run out.

as I see it though right now the etchings are as follows

Side A: RLP-12-247-A1 AB CC
Side B: RLP-12-247-B1 AB

other identifiers from other releases only pertaining to what i have on my disc and sleeve:

Deep Groove stamping on both sides
'INC.' on both sides after Bill Grauer Productions
No Riverside/Contemporary Series logo on the front top right corner
It Does have a 247 Riverside logo on the bottom right corner
Too much damage for any identifiers on bottom of edge if there is any additional info there
The listings of albums available on the bottom right on the back of the sleeve

You could create a new entry. If a duplicate is discovered later, you or someone else could merge the releases.

Back