Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

So a guy placed two separate orders and wants them combined so he can save on shipping. I have no problem with this, but what's the best way to refund only a portion of the total order since PayPal only shows a "refund this payment" option? Or if clicking that link will it allow me to enter a custom amount?

So a guy placed two separate orders and wants them combined so he can save on shipping. I have no problem with this, but what's the best way to refund only a portion of the total order since PayPal only shows a "refund this payment" option? Or if clicking that link will it allow me to enter a custom amount?

I think you should be able to merge the orders if he hasn’t already paid.

I've only done it once for a full refund but I'm pretty sure the Refund payment option let's you do a partial refund. I know I had to confirm it first so you can always click it and see what options it gives you. Clicking it once won't automatically refund the whole thing.

Sorry yes I noticed that after I’d replied 😬

Is it me or is it just really weird to pay fully for
both and then ask for something like that 😂
I'm sure a lot of people just do immediate checkout thinking that they have to pay immediately like an online store.

Yeah, they bought and paid for one and placed an order for the second and then asked the question. I said sure I can refund the difference in shipping without really knowing if I could through the actual PayPal order or what.

If I lose a few pennies for doing the refund just as a PayPal transfer, I guess that's the cost of a happy customer.

Yeah, they bought and paid for one and placed an order for the second and then asked the question. I said sure I can refund the difference in shipping without really knowing if I could through the actual PayPal order or what.

If I lose a few pennies for doing the refund just as a PayPal transfer, I guess that's the cost of a happy customer.
At worst you can you probably just send them a Friends and Family payment for the amount.

I'm sure a lot of people just do immediate checkout thinking that they have to pay immediately like an online store.
I probably have done something like that out of fear that if I didn’t pay immediately someone else would swoop in and buy one of the records out from under me and the seller wouldn’t want to bother trying to undo everything and would just tell me “oh no, it’s gone - sorry”

I also hate it, the loading is so slow for me for some reason. Also sometimes I go to a page to search for a specific release and i can't do that anymore because they need to load on the page as i scroll down.

Back