Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

What's the latest it's taken someone to ship or recieve a record from the UK to the US or vice/versa?

I've bought a lot from Boomkat.co.uk directly and they've always arrived very quickly, like less than a week. This time it's from Juno which are a very reputable retailer but it hasn't arrived and it's untracked.

1668103745513.png

Should I wait longer? should I reach out to them to see what's up? I'm sure if it never comes and it gets lost they'd be able to remedy the situation.

What's the latest it's taken someone to ship or recieve a record from the UK to the US or vice/versa?

I've bought a lot from Boomkat.co.uk directly and they've always arrived very quickly, like less than a week. This time it's from Juno which are a very reputable retailer but it hasn't arrived and it's untracked.

View attachment 156884

Should I wait longer? should I reach out to them to see what's up? I'm sure if it never comes and it gets lost they'd be able to remedy the situation.

I order from Juno a lot, and typically it takes 2-4 weeks to get to me in Canada. I typically estimate 3, but sometimes they come quickly and sometimes it takes a bit longer. It's a bit luck of the draw sometimes, as I've definitely received things first that I've ordered second on a couple of occasions too - so who knows what goes down at the sorting centres. I would definitely give them at least another week if not two.

I order from Juno a lot, and typically it takes 2-4 weeks to get to me in Canada. I typically estimate 3, but sometimes they come quickly and sometimes it takes a bit longer. It's a bit luck of the draw sometimes, as I've definitely received things first that I've ordered second on a couple of occasions too - so who knows what goes down at the sorting centres. I would definitely give them at least another week if not two.
Perfect - thank you! I also double-checked after I posted this and their policy on discogs says "Rest of World: 5-15 days" so I'm still within that alotted window. I would be very surprised if it never shows up, it's just that I've always had items shipped from the UK relatively quickly so I didn't know if this was normal.

Perfect - thank you! I also double-checked after I posted this and their policy on discogs says "Rest of World: 5-15 days" so I'm still within that alotted window. I would be very surprised if it never shows up, it's just that I've always had items shipped from the UK relatively quickly so I didn't know if this was normal.

I've placed somewhere between 3 and 4 dozen orders with them and never had one not show up. I've had one or two arrive with minor dings and one arrive warped which they replaced - but they've never not arrived. Longest I've waited was around the time the queen died, which makes sense.

Also, it might save you a couple of bucks if you order directly through their website next time. (At least for me it's typically a $5-10 savings from Dsicogs)

I've placed somewhere between 3 and 4 dozen orders with them and never had one not show up. I've had one or two arrive with minor dings and one arrive warped which they replaced - but they've never not arrived. Longest I've waited was around the time the queen died, which makes sense.

Also, it might save you a couple of bucks if you order directly through their website next time. (At least for me it's typically a $5-10 savings from Dsicogs)
yeah... probably should have but I didn't realize it was a proper retailer until after I placed the order.

Got a reply message from a recent sale after I saw it was delivered, and I was preparing for the worst that it was either lost or damaged. Instead, it was this.

[name redacted]-that was the most damn beautiful record packing job I’ve seen in a LOOONG time. Thank You! Record is immaculate. Wow!

And this was the seller feedback.

Great communication, item arrived safely and in perfect condition. Uses really nice mailers with end voids, so no shitty corners. Stellar!

So, thanks @Plaid Room / Colemine for teaching me the right way to pack records!

Got a reply message from a recent sale after I saw it was delivered, and I was preparing for the worst that it was either lost or damaged. Instead, it was this.

[name redacted]-that was the most damn beautiful record packing job I’ve seen in a LOOONG time. Thank You! Record is immaculate. Wow!

And this was the seller feedback.

Great communication, item arrived safely and in perfect condition. Uses really nice mailers with end voids, so no shitty corners. Stellar!

So, thanks @Plaid Room / Colemine for teaching me the right way to pack records!
I've gotten a lot of compliments just from using old Plaid Room and Colemine mailers as well. Some of the best in the biz!

I to see Discogs as a database more than a marketplace too. I have place all 3000 albums on the site to give me a point of reference to money spent.

Maybe this has been discussed already, but can you not buy Media Mail shipping through Paypal Ship Station anymore?

Maybe this has been discussed already, but can you not buy Media Mail shipping through Paypal Ship Station anymore?
Paypal Ship Station has never, ever worked for me. Caveat that I never tried anything other than mediamail, because unless someone is specifically asking for the fast/expensive shipping, I don't even check it. Every single time I get errors and it fails. I just switched to pirateship and called it a day. I know other folks do Pirateship as well -- I think @Ethos99 does (or did? I assume that paladin warehouses use a different setup)

Paypal Ship Station has never, ever worked for me. Caveat that I never tried anything other than mediamail, because unless someone is specifically asking for the fast/expensive shipping, I don't even check it. Every single time I get errors and it fails. I just switched to pirateship and called it a day. I know other folks do Pirateship as well -- I think @Ethos99 does (or did? I assume that paladin warehouses use a different setup)
Weird because I always get errors when I try Discogs shipping labels but Ship Station works fine for me.

you can. you just may have to click the "show all rates" button as they seem to want to push you toward the more expensive options.
I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I ended up just giving them priority shipping (it was a $2 difference on a $130 record so no big deal this time)

I'm almost certain the answer is no, but is there a way to group records in your wantlist together as separate folder so that when you search the marketplace everything else is filtered out?

I know you can search by genre, but it would be good if certain records are the only ones that appear. For example, I have loads of British jazz that I would never find amongst all the jazz unless I search each one individually. If I could group these together it would be 1 click.

I'm almost certain the answer is no, but is there a way to group records in your wantlist together as separate folder so that when you search the marketplace everything else is filtered out?

I know you can search by genre, but it would be good if certain records are the only ones that appear. For example, I have loads of British jazz that I would never find amongst all the jazz unless I search each one individually. If I could group these together it would be 1 click.
Sadly nope. I ended up starting a 2nd account just for cd wants

No. The wantlist is like, intentionally shitty and useless. Want to exclude things over a certain price? Nah, GFY. Want to exclude items that ship from specific countries? Nope, go pound sand. Want to prioritize something? Nope. Email notification on some items that you're REALLY wanting vs just site notifications on others? Can't do nothin' for ya brother.

"Here's your list of everything you listed as wanting, but not like organized or useful in any way. Will be sure to email you once a day about it."

Back