Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Hey friends,

I’m moving to a smaller place and need to reduce the footprint of my gear. Looking for recommendations for reasonably priced Hifi racks. Here’s what I need to store:
Maybe a Pangea rack?

Or the Monoprice rack, even cheaper.

Looks like everything will fit on either, including the flipbin on the tall shelf

Hey friends,

I’m moving to a smaller place and need to reduce the footprint of my gear. Looking for recommendations for reasonably priced Hifi racks. Here’s what I need to store:

View attachment 37157
Before I decided to go DIY, I was looking at the Vulcan line from Pangea, affordably priced in my opinion, the company is solid and it also has the ability to be expanded a bit if need be.
Pangea Audio Vulcan Four Shelf Audio Rack

Last edited:
Hi team! Am I right in thinking that there is a specific Youtube video that's recommended here for tonearm setup? Trying to get my new table up and running, and I've definitely not got the right weight sorted - I can basically push it along a record without any bother.

I have the Pangea Vulcan storage that has two LP holders and three shelves (I got the standard with 1LP shelf and added a 2nd to the bottom). I love it. It is concise and holds a lot of records. So much so I want to buy a 2nd one to hold some other equipment and more LPs.

So thanks to @dansomeone I'm able to "scratch this itch" and save some money doing so, so a big Thank You deserved there.

About 10 hours in since being installed and dialed in, it's very detailed and natural, has nice dynamics. I think the thing that stands out the most is the "accuracy", everything seems very true to itself, voices, separation, bass, etc. This will be on until we get close to replacement, then, I gotta be honest, I'm going to grab a Grado Gold V3, or whatever the latest and greatest is at that point, because I gotta find out if the extra scratch is worth it or not as we move forward. If it was a minimal difference in cost I would say the Mastertracker would be it, but since we're talking double-ish the price AND a replaceable stylus with the Grado, it's gonna have to be done.

In the meantime, this more than rocks ;)
Mastertracker.jpg

So thanks to @dansomeone I'm able to "scratch this itch" and save some money doing so, so a big Thank You deserved there.

About 10 hours in since being installed and dialed in, it's very detailed and natural, has nice dynamics. I think the thing that stands out the most is the "accuracy", everything seems very true to itself, voices, separation, bass, etc. This will be on until we get close to replacement, then, I gotta be honest, I'm going to grab a Grado Gold V3, or whatever the latest and greatest is at that point, because I gotta find out if the extra scratch is worth it or not as we move forward. If it was a minimal difference in cost I would say the Mastertracker would be it, but since we're talking double-ish the price AND a replaceable stylus with the Grado, it's gonna have to be done.

View attachment 37182

I really liked my MasterTracker. Only replaced it in order to be able to keep it on hand as a backup with some hours of lifespan remaining.

It was my pleasure, glad to find a good home for it! And yeah, the guy at MoFi quoted $650 to rebuild/retip a MasterTracker, so for my ears and bank account the Gold3 is an easy choice.

It was my pleasure, glad to find a good home for it! And yeah, the guy at MoFi quoted $650 to rebuild/retip a MasterTracker, so for my ears and bank account the Gold3 is an easy choice.
Yikes! I think he misread a memo somewhere, even direct it's 20% off the price of a new one according to Music Direct. Regardless, if anyone ever goes that route I would recommend going through Upscale Audio, $560 with your trade.........still a far cry from the Gold V3 price point.

Yikes! I think he misread a memo somewhere, even direct it's 20% off the price of a new one according to Music Direct. Regardless, if anyone ever goes that route I would recommend going through Upscale Audio, $560 with your trade.........still a far cry from the Gold V3 price point.
I think it was Upscale that missed the memo regarding price increases. At the current price of $799, 20% off is $640, so the MoFi guy wasn't that far off. Maybe the extra $10 is for return shipping? Upscale still has them listed at $699, so $560 is 20% off (the old price).

Can one of the MOFI owners help me with a protractor suggestion? Do I need this GEO thing I see at Turntable labs for the Mofi? Mine didn't come with their cart obviously.

Can one of the MOFI owners help me with a protractor suggestion? Do I need this GEO thing I see at Turntable labs for the Mofi? Mine didn't come with their cart obviously.

I used a Geodisc, but any printable Baerwald protractor should do the trick.

I used a Geodisc, but any printable Baerwald protractor should do the trick.
I printed a universal Baerwald. Had to split between two places on the curve due to the Mofi tone arm length.

Verdict... was headphones only by the hour I finished. That said, the 2M Black tracked flawlessly. The sound was even better, an there was less static.

I even stuck one particularly tough recording on there and zero issues. Can't wait to open it up with speakers and listen.

Thanks all! I love the Mofi.

Last edited:
I’ve got a P3 and have upgraded to a delrin platter and a couple other things. The other day I switched out my Ortofon Blue for an Exact 2 cartridge. First time switching cartridges and I found it more difficult than I thought! Hope I got it aligned right also.

my question is am I shortchanging myself with my preamp? it’s a music hall mini

Back