Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Not sure about all on that list, but I can assure you the Bryston will “play nice” with the Arcam, 2M Black and VPI. Where the Bryston might have an issue is if you were to switch to a very low output MC.

For more gain, you’d need the BP-2-30, since each version as a fixed amount of SUT gain for MC use.

I liked my BP-1.5 so much as to buy a separate SUT (TF-2-20h to convert the phono in my B100-SST to the equivalent of the BP-2-20.
I'm checking on Bryston, one of the two shops has a used Bryston unit but I don't think either of them are actually dealers, so I may be out of luck on those for trade. But I'm checking.

I haven't checked this thread in a few days. Is @Mather divorced and living in a van down by the river yet?
I waited till she gave me some disappointing news about our evening plans kinda being ruined, I was super understanding about it, but still outwardly disappointed. Then shortly after I told her about the table and the stage and she was totally fine with it.

The line to shake my hand starts just to the left over here. Sign up for my TED talk, spots are going fast.

I waited till she gave me some disappointing news about our evening plans kinda being ruined, I was super understanding about it, but still outwardly disappointed. Then shortly after I told her about the table and the stage and she was totally fine with it.

The line to shake my hand starts just to the left over here. Sign up for my TED talk, spots are going fast.
You left out the part about her politely excusing herself and immediately calling her lawyer.

My wife competes in professional ball room dancing (yes, she has a “real job” too in the medical field). Anyway, I sort of said the things she wanted to hear about a new dress for rhythm dancing ($6-8k for the dress), and then showed her the Decware ZP3 I already ordered, and the Magico A5’s I’m eyeing. It’s all about the long game.

Last edited:
I'll take that as a no. FINE. I'm just gonna close my eyes and pick one. There's simply no other way to do this.
If it sucks it's YOUR fault.
I mean, I only have experience with a u-turn pluto one. They don't even make it anymore. My integrated that will be here one day is almost certain to have a phono that beats it.... what do you want from me?

Personally I haven’t tried anything except a short audio of the Gold Note, which impressed me. Super flexible, a tweakers delight, lots of EQ curves and loading options. I auditioned it with the PSU while I was checking out the Gold Note DAC/Streamer.

The others have a good rep for what that’s worth.

I like throwing a dart to choose myself.

Personally I haven’t tried anything except a short audio of the Gold Note, which impressed me. Super flexible, a tweakers delight, lots of EQ curves and loading options. I auditioned it with the PSU while I was checking out the Gold Note DAC/Streamer.

The others have a good rep for what that’s worth.

I like throwing a dart to choose myself.
Yeah the Gold Note seems great for that however I've backburnered that one simply due to the fact that my DIRAC essentially does the same thing and so it's not really necessary right now. Down the road when I eventually move everything to a proper two channel amp that'll change. But that's probably a long time away at this point.

I mean, can't you audition these things at this fancy shop that bought all your shit for pennies on the dollar?
Yeah but without using them in my own system I dunno that it'll make much of a difference. It seems like you guys down south are able to demo stuff at home fairly easily however I've never come across a shop up here that'll let me take anything home to demo.

Yeah the Gold Note seems great for that however I've backburnered that one simply due to the fact that my DIRAC essentially does the same thing and so it's not really necessary right now. Down the road when I eventually move everything to a proper two channel amp that'll change. But that's probably a long time away at this point.
Gotcha. By EQ, just to make sure we’re on the same page, it’s not like Dirac. It’s RIAA, Decca, RCA, curves for older records.

Gotcha. By EQ, just to make sure we’re on the same page, it’s not like Dirac. It’s RIAA, Decca, RCA, curves for older records.
Yeah, it's not exactly the same no, but I'm already curving my overall sound with the Dirac target curve, and then I'd be curving it again for each record. It still definitely would have value, but it's a lot of tinkering and I think I'd rather just have one curve to think about, rather than the combination of like 4 of them. Because I will obsess, I'd rather not have the option to change the curve that easily.

Back