Hip Hop

didnt know Bill had something new coming, sorry if its been posted before

theres some audio on youtube it seems

didnt know Bill had something new coming, sorry if its been posted before

theres some audio on youtube it seems

Yeah, there's like a smokey variant somewhere for this. Fatbeats or bandcamp, I think

Kweli hinting that the new Blackstar with Madlib will not see the light of day

“Too many interlopers and culture vultures in the way,” the rapper responded. “This album been done for over a year. I paid for the whole album myself. Too many greedy people in the way stopping us from working with Madlib. I wash my hands of it at this point.”

I’m tired of being silent about this. I tried my best y’all. Flew around the globe. Paid for this out of pocket. All for the culture. I’m a fan of Black Star too. I want to see this come out as bad as y’all do, or more. But people who never made a beat, never wrote a rhyme in they life got they fingers in the pie and are being disrespectful to what me and my brothers built. It’s in Gods hands now. I’m on to other things, life is too short to be disrespected by culture vultures. Maybe y’all will get to hear this album after I’m gone.

Kweli hinting that the new Blackstar with Madlib will not see the light of day

“Too many interlopers and culture vultures in the way,” the rapper responded. “This album been done for over a year. I paid for the whole album myself. Too many greedy people in the way stopping us from working with Madlib. I wash my hands of it at this point.”

I’m tired of being silent about this. I tried my best y’all. Flew around the globe. Paid for this out of pocket. All for the culture. I’m a fan of Black Star too. I want to see this come out as bad as y’all do, or more. But people who never made a beat, never wrote a rhyme in they life got they fingers in the pie and are being disrespectful to what me and my brothers built. It’s in Gods hands now. I’m on to other things, life is too short to be disrespected by culture vultures. Maybe y’all will get to hear this album after I’m gone.

Is this about Egon? He specifies people who never made a beat or wrote a rhyme trying to get in the way of them working with Madlib

This alchemist release is being posted up in multiple sub-reddits (vinyl releases/hiphopvinyl/etc.) and in N&G's regular pre-order thread as well. These releases already sold out in minutes without all of this extra hype and people who see a quick buck to be made. Be prepared for a madhouse if you weren't already.

This alchemist release is being posted up in multiple sub-reddits (vinyl releases/hiphopvinyl/etc.) and in N&G's regular pre-order thread as well. These releases already sold out in minutes without all of this extra hype and people who see a quick buck to be made. Be prepared for a madhouse if you weren't already.
thanks again for the heads up. starting to think that going straight for the standard black, and more than one at that, might be the prudent move in hopes that everyone here gets one.

godspeed on going for the Grey October variant @Woob_woob

View attachment 55534

not really sure what occurred here. clearly at least one of the PWs is from my Bandcamp order from November. the second could either be a fuck up or the second order I put in through Merchbar, not really sure about that. the Statue Of Limitations is out of the blue as I ordered and received that months ago, but I did weirdly get a shipping notice on that the same day I got the notice for PW last week. I wish it was the copper variant as I missed out on that one, so I got another black copy.

gonna hold on to the 2nd Prestige Worldwide for a minute in the event someone in this thread who ordered one doesn't get it (like @jaycee). the Statue Of Limitations is up for PIF grabs if anyone here wants it (in the US only please). if one of the PWs isn't from my Merchbar order and I get a third copy I'll PIF that here too.

Well a copy of Prestige and a Copy of Statue just showed up. So no need to hold for me. I received SoL waaaaay back and I had cancelled the Prestige order.

If anyone is looking for Statue let me know

Plus it’s on Shopify which can easily get botted like mad. Honestly not excited to see this and DRW move to shopify and while I hope it’s not the case I think it’s possible we’ll see it was actually easier to cop these releases off Bandcamp than these new sites

View attachment 55534

not really sure what occurred here. clearly at least one of the PWs is from my Bandcamp order from November. the second could either be a fuck up or the second order I put in through Merchbar, not really sure about that. the Statue Of Limitations is out of the blue as I ordered and received that months ago, but I did weirdly get a shipping notice on that the same day I got the notice for PW last week. I wish it was the copper variant as I missed out on that one, so I got another black copy.

gonna hold on to the 2nd Prestige Worldwide for a minute in the event someone in this thread who ordered one doesn't get it (like @jaycee). the Statue Of Limitations is up for PIF grabs if anyone here wants it (in the US only please). if one of the PWs isn't from my Merchbar order and I get a third copy I'll PIF that here too.
I just got this in the mail. I already have the one copy I ordered awhile ago. Looks like they’re just giving them away.
View attachment 55564

Somehow, I missed a whole chunk of posts since yesterday. This is crazy.

giphy.gif

Maybe I should just message Tuff Kong directly and offer to take one off their hands.

I actually had two situations today, which may or may not result in accidental free albums for myself. They're not hip hop related, but we'll see. One was a canceled/refunded order of Wabi Sabi from Rappcats that I got a shipping notice for. The other was a Grateful Dead box that I shipped back to Target for a replacement. My account says that the refund -- which I specifically didn't ask for -- is being processed, but there's also a replacement order that also states it's being processed.

EDIT:

Wait. Are you saying they shipped you one, too? Are they outsourcing shipping to VMP, now?

Well a copy of Prestige and a Copy of Statue just showed up. So no need to hold for me. I received SoL waaaaay back and I had cancelled the Prestige order.

Man I got one box. Just Prestige. Even tho this is a long awaited W some how it feels like an L lmao

The reaction in the Pre Order thread of the pricing being ridiculous is quite the contrast to all of us being happy about a $35 option. We are somef fiends in this thread! Hah!

Back