Hip Hop

My Frank was supposed to be delivered yesterday, didn't, out for delivery again today.

No movement on Earl yet. Still pre-shipment stage smh
Nice etching on the B side and comes with a printed insert. 9/10 records are less than flat. This happened to be the 1/10 that was.

Annnnnndddddd Frank just landed!!!!

Wish I got 2 of each looking at the resale prices :(

Mine is a bit dished but doesn't seem to affect play...I don't get why so many records arrived warped/dished lately.

I think it's been this way for years. Most of the issues I see aren't anything that affects playback, but I'm obnoxious and end-up putting almost everything through the vinyl flat. It was just nice not to feel like flattening was warranted this 1 time. I will say that some of these "limited" hip hop companies usually deliver a good product. I've rarely had an issue with a Daupe, DRW, or CC release. Whereas almost every record I've received from Fatbeats has some minor warp issue with it.

I figure some have to be from shipping as well though? Or how they are stored in warehouses?
I have received so many warped/not warped records from every plant in every season that it is hard for me to believe the shipping is ever the culprit. Maybe in rare cases. Vintage vinyl I buy is rarely warped significantly, regardless of the season it is shipped to me as well. Not sure why that would be either.

I have received so many warped/not warped records from every plant in every season that it is hard for me to believe the shipping is ever the culprit. Maybe in rare cases. Vintage vinyl I buy is rarely warped significantly, regardless of the season it is shipped to me as well. Not sure why that would be either.
Yea--my only thought on that is that stuff that is not a preorder often sits on a shelf for awhile and I doubt labels/warehouses are that careful with how they are in the stacks. It probably the pressing plants though. I tend to be pretty lucky and small warps that don't affect play don't bother me. I only return stuff/ask for refund if it's a huge warp that affects it.

Annnnnndddddd Frank just landed!!!!

Wish I got 2 of each looking at the resale prices :(
A lot of the resale so far I'd imagine is because most people haven't gotten theirs yet so supply has been limited. Somebody dropped $200 on each one. And at this point, the market has been set at $75 for one album being the cheapest...which did you get? I got Dear April and Cayendo. Wasn't sure if the "mystery" 7" ever got shipped...

A lot of the resale so far I'd imagine is because most people haven't gotten theirs yet so supply has been limited. Somebody dropped $200 on each one. And at this point, the market has been set at $75 for one album being the cheapest...which did you get? I got Dear April and Cayendo. Wasn't sure if the "mystery" 7" ever got shipped...

Shoot according to cogs its 95 each. Higher on Ebay and mercari, but I got Dear April and Cayendo. I dont think In My Room and the Mystery one have been shipping. Who knows. Cant wait for those tho. Especially the mystery

Shoot according to cogs its 95 each. Higher on Ebay and mercari, but I got Dear April and Cayendo. I dont think In My Room and the Mystery one have been shipping. Who knows. Cant wait for those tho. Especially the mystery
I'm regretting not picking up the others but I got pissed that it was SO expensive with shipping for 2, 7" and that he didn't release them all at once so you could bundle...

yea idk why they use FedEx tbh. Especially when they take 8 months to get out. What's USPS gonna hurt at that point loll
That's kinda the one thing I'm thankful for right now hah. USPS is a mess right now. It has been taking 3-4 weeks from shipping to receiving almost any record I have ordered in the past two months if it's sent media mail. But dropping $50 on two 7" shipped was crazy so I didn't wanna end up spending $100 on them.

That's kinda the one thing I'm thankful for right now hah. USPS is a mess right now. It has been taking 3-4 weeks from shipping to receiving almost any record I have ordered in the past two months if it's sent media mail. But dropping $50 on two 7" shipped was crazy so I didn't wanna end up spending $100 on them.

$90* for 4 is wild BUT

Its PAPA FRONK

So that Boldy project which has been on pre order is available to stream on bandcamp now, and after actually reading the description (which I would recommend everyone does, it's a nice story), I realised the release was a bunch of old verses recorded between 07-10 with live Jazz instrumentals and other vocals involved. There are two exceptions which are 2018 verses, and the album also features a young Dej Loaf on track 2. It's a cool listen, not 100% sure if I'm gonna grab the record but I enjoyed it after my first run through, some of the tracks work really really well and others less well unfortunately.

So that Boldy project which has been on pre order is available to stream on bandcamp now, and after actually reading the description (which I would recommend everyone does, it's a nice story), I realised the release was a bunch of old verses recorded between 07-10 with live Jazz instrumentals and other vocals involved. There are two exceptions which are 2018 verses, and the album also features a young Dej Loaf on track 2. It's a cool listen, not 100% sure if I'm gonna grab the record but I enjoyed it after my first run through, some of the tracks work really really well and others less well unfortunately.

Sounds dopeeeee! Can't wait to get it tomorrow! I love live jazz instrumentation much like TPAB (I'm sure this is less refined obviously but still)

also

for the Muggs fans

Back