Hip Hop

Everybody is loving the new Conway album. Even my friends who don’t listen to Griselda like it. I think this album will raise his profile. Also, I think a lot of people are going to try and get the vinyl on Friday. More people than NWMTW. If you haven’t already set up an account on the DeRap site and have your PayPal, Apple Pay or Google Pay setup and ready to go.

How do you set up your paypal on it? I set up my address but cant find any payment area.

How do you set up your paypal on it? I set up my address but cant find any payment area.

You can’t setup PayPal on the DeRap website. I meant just make sure you know which card you’re gonna use and that you have PayPal OneTouch setup. So that way once you go to your cart you just click PayPal and you won’t have to sign in. You just click a couple buttons and you’re done checking out. The payment options appear after you have an item in your cart.

Edit: You can add any record they have available to your cart so you can see exactly what I’m talking about. Also, after you add something to your cart, once you click on your cart you have to hit an “agree” button. I just want everybody here to know all the steps so they’ll be better prepared.

You can’t setup PayPal on the DeRap website. I meant just make sure you know which card you’re gonna use and that you have PayPal OneTouch setup. So that way once you go to your cart you just click PayPal and you won’t have to sign in. You just click a couple buttons and you’re done checking out. The payment options appear after you have an item in your cart.

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. I'll do a fake checkout to make sure it will go down smooth too. Thanks

In case anyone missed it, Ghost Dog score is getting an official vinyl release:

s-l1600.jpg

I don't think I saw these posted or discussed. I haven't even watched them yet myself, but...

Immediate reactions:

Jack Harlow is good at what he does and will probably make a few hits, Lil Keed's style just doesnt fit right with these, Polo G should have kept the beat on.

NLE has a great flow that just sounds effortless, Rod Wave and Lil Tjay sound good together they should collaborate at some point. Chika won this whole thing by showing up with that puppy, that's genius right there!

Mulatto sounded better here than any songs I have heard her on, 24k Goldn has a real star quality and he really stood out from the rest here, Fivio is all style no substance, Calboy kinda just showed up and said some stuff.

Overall these were fine, the beats were solid and the rappers did their thing. Chika and 24k Goldn were the standouts for me.

Immediate reactions:

Jack Harlow is good at what he does and will probably make a few hits, Lil Keed's style just doesnt fit right with these, Polo G should have kept the beat on.

NLE has a great flow that just sounds effortless, Rod Wave and Lil Tjay sound good together they should collaborate at some point. Chika won this whole thing by showing up with that puppy, that's genius right there!

Mulatto sounded better here than any songs I have heard her on, 24k Goldn has a real star quality and he really stood out from the rest here, Fivio is all style no substance, Calboy kinda just showed up and said some stuff.

Overall these were fine, the beats were solid and the rappers did their thing. Chika and 24k Goldn were the standouts for me.

Yea this is spot on. I'd add Mulatto but definitely Chika and 24k won the cypher. Rod wave and tjay honorable mentions

Immediate reactions:

Yea this is spot on. I'd add Mulatto but definitely Chika and 24k won the cypher. Rod wave and tjay honorable mentions
just watched them and they all felt pretty middle of the road to me, even the best ones were far from great...though none were outright terrible like I remember some being last year.

I probably wasn't listening to a lot of hip-hop around the time these kids were growing up but they seem to be the products of rappers like Drake and Thug with the more melody based flows, as few if any felt like straight spitters. I could be way off base with the specific influences since I don't listen to Drake or Thugger, but that was my takeaway.

Back