Hip Hop

@frodo-pkt 15 black

Just got the last black one. Thanks y'all! Don't know if I'll have enough loot for FKTG but at least I got one

I still think my top of the year so far are:

1. Price of Tea in China
2. Alfredo
3. Pray 4 Paris
4. From King to a God

I don’t see this Conway taking over Pray for Paris, but only time will tell.
You have FKTG over No One Mourns The Wicked?

I think they are close but think I like NOMTW more which is why I splurged on this latest restock

I still think my top of the year so far are:

1. Price of Tea in China
2. Alfredo
3. Pray 4 Paris
4. From King to a God

I don’t see this Conway taking over Pray for Paris, but only time will tell.
oh, I don't know why I thought Price Of Tea was late last year... yeah, that's probably my current #1.

I actually haven't listened to Alfredo enough to rank it properly, for some reason I keep forgetting about it. the fact that the vinyl keeps getting delayed doesn't help.

Pray For Paris is good but in my opinion is not better than FKTG. I feel like they're similar in that they both seem to try to expand the general Griselda sound, but for me Conway did it better.

Dont think id put Alfredo in my top 4 tbh I love the album tho maybe 5th lol

In no particular order id go

Pray 4 Paris
Preservation Eastern Medicine, Western Illness
Price of Tea in China
Lil Wayne - Funeral

Been alot of good releases this year tbh

Shrines - Armand Hammer
Denzel Curry - Unlocked
R.A.P. Ferreira — Purple Moonlight Pages
Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony
Little Simz - Drop 6
Alfredo
A million flees

You have FKTG over No One Mourns The Wicked?

I think they are close but think I like NOMTW more which is why I splurged on this latest restock
I think as an overall album, FKTG is slightly better than NOMTW.

I actually feel like the fact that NOMTW is less than 30 minutes does it a disservice, imo. It’s super polished and the beats are phenomenal (Big Ghost is insanely talented), but it just seemed like a really great collection of grimey awesomeness.

FKTG is a bit more fleshed out. It seems like the songs go together, and Conway actually went a bit out of his comfort zone. I would’ve messed with the order of the track list, but overall, it actually feels like an album.

I would say FKTG sounds like the least “Griselda” Griselda release this year, which is why it needs to grow on people. But if we look past the “Griselda” sound we’ve grown to expect, it’s a crazy solid release.

Back