Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

No,
I don’t think I even have a shipping confirmation yet. I believe I ordered my iron lung, no surprises and karma police. I skipped the remix b-sides.
also ordered a Miles Davis record. I think the first time I ever heard Miles Davis was because of Radiohead, they were talking about bitches brew as a big influence on OK computer at the time.
Check out the rhythm section on “Kinetic” - total homage to Bitches Brew.

A few weeks back I decided to finally jump in and start giving Radiohead a proper listen. I had heard songs here and there, but never got around to listening to a full album. At this point, I've listened to all the main albums up through In Rainbows. A couple albums are going to need multiple listens to really grasp (looking at you Kid A), but so far I think OK Computer is my favorite. Not sure if that's cliche or not as I'm out of the loop, but that one clicked with me the most.

A few weeks back I decided to finally jump in and start giving Radiohead a proper listen. I had heard songs here and there, but never got around to listening to a full album. At this point, I've listened to all the main albums up through In Rainbows. A couple albums are going to need multiple listens to really grasp (looking at you Kid A), but so far I think OK Computer is my favorite. Not sure if that's cliche or not as I'm out of the loop, but that one clicked with me the most.

Cliches exist for a reason, it’s a popular choice for favourite and probably would be mine too. Kid A is a strange one, it’s one of my favourites of theirs now and I bought it on release but it took a good while for me to fully appreciate it! I actually think it was a much to do with my tastes maturing (I was only 17 when it came out) as it was it growing on me.

Last edited:
I'd say OK Computer is definitely my favorite so cliches be damned!

Kid A also needs to be taken in context. In the early 2000s when if came out nothing sounded like that. I actually prefer Amnesiac to Kid A though. (Yeah, I said it!)

Cliches exist for a reason, it’s a popular choice for favourite and probably would be mine too. Kid A is a strange one, it’s one of my favourites of theirs now and I bought it on release but it took a good while for me to fully appreciate it! I actually think it was a much to do with my tastes maturing (I was only 17 when it came out) as it was it growing on me.

I'd say OK Computer is definitely my favorite so cliches be damned!

Kid A also needs to be taken in context. In the early 2000s when if came out nothing sounded like that. I actually prefer Amnesiac to Kid A though. (Yeah, I said it!)
Having never heard any of the albums in full, it's really jarring to go from the first three albums to Kid A in a very short period of time - I listened to all four within a couple days. I think I need to sit down with it on it's own and play it a couple of times to truly appreciate it.

Having never heard any of the albums in full, it's really jarring to go from the first three albums to Kid A in a very short period of time - I listened to all four within a couple days. I think I need to sit down with it on it's own and play it a couple of times to truly appreciate it.

Imagine what it was like in 2000 when you spun it for the first time after spending 3 years with ok computer and 5 years with the bends!

Imagine what it was like in 2000 when you spun it for the first time after spending 3 years with ok computer and 5 years with the bends!
I was really getting into punk in 2000, so this would probably been even more jarring for me :p

Speaking of years though, I remember being really shocked at all the non-Creep tracks on Pablo Honey. I was blown away that the album came out in '93, and specifically thinking "This is a similar sound to what Muse was doing in their early days, only a decade earlier. The whole thing felt way ahead of its time, same with, well, all of it!

Kid A and Amnesiac were actually some of the last Radiohead albums that I listened to. I got OK Computer in 97 and then didn't really listen to them again until I bought Hail to the Thief in 2003 then that's when I started getting really into them (until recently when I've been getting REALLY into them). Kid A and Amnesiac came out during my nu metal/punk phase. 2003 is around when I started coming back to my senses.

Back