It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I never saw the US getting beyond the Round of 16 to start, but not advancing out of the group stage would be real bad. Hard to fault much beyond the Weah red and Turner change, but it's still frustrating. Silver lining is that maybe Bolivia will have something to play for and keep Panama at bay, or that Uruguay will rest some starters. Still, failing to advance out of this group with a CONCACAF team and the worst team in CONMEBOL is not a good lok.

I never saw the US getting beyond the Round of 16 to start, but not advancing out of the group stage would be real bad. Hard to fault much beyond the Weah red and Turner change, but it's still frustrating. Silver lining is that maybe Bolivia will have something to play for and keep Panama at bay, or that Uruguay will rest some starters. Still, failing to advance out of this group with a CONCACAF team and the worst team in CONMEBOL is not a good lok.

I was listening to Morning Footy today and Tony Meola talked about how this team has not progressed since the end of 2022. And if they are unable to get out of Group, I would think the federation would sack Gregg. That would give them enough time to regroup before the WC.

I was listening to Morning Footy today and Tony Meola talked about how this team has not progressed since the end of 2022. And if they are unable to get out of Group, I would think the federation would sack Gregg. That would give them enough time to regroup before the WC.
Someone like Bielsa or Marsch or Ange (just examples) of a high pressing, fast, attacking team would be a great get. Sadly there isn’t really any coach in the market that fits the bill. There really isn’t anyone available that’s a significant upgrade over GGG right now.

Someone like Bielsa or Marsch or Ange (just examples) of a high pressing, fast, attacking team would be a great get. Sadly there isn’t really any coach in the market that fits the bill. There really isn’t anyone available that’s a significant upgrade over GGG right now.
it's too bad Marsch just signed with Canada because he'd have been my choice

I don’t think he would agree to it but I would move to see USSF make a statement and hire Zidane through the WC.

As selective has he is, I cannot see him coaching anyone else other than France, RM (again), Juve or Marseille
Coaching a talented young crop of players at home in a World Cup could be an enticing project. Do I think it's likely? No. Is it entirely out of the realm of possibility? Also no.

Back