Metal!

200 more stab wounds for you

@musicjunkiegreg posted this one in another thread recently and I absolutely love it:

RBF
Not sure how I've missed this "band" for so long (it's a one-man band with session musicians), but I just discovered  Aquilus today. This is their 4th LP (which dropped back on May 3rd) since their debut in 2011. This newest installment, Bellum II, the second part to their 2021 album Bellum I, is 8 tracks, 59 minutes (with two, 16-minute tracks in the mix). This album is haunting, beautiful, devastating, eloquent, gripping, and unsettling (the album art basically says all those things). With an amazing blend of atmospheric metal, neo-folk, and classical styles, along with beautiful accompaniments of piano, flute, violin, and operatic vocals, Bellum II boasts one of the most unique metal listens I've had this year and this decade. Surely a metal frontrunner and overall album frontrunner for me for 2024 so far.

Hah - I figured that no one wanted to talk about metal anymore. In all seriousness, I'm ready to talk about the new Crypt Sermon over and over.
The Stygian Rose is crushing and brilliant. Definitely one of the best I've heard this year.

The Stygian Rose is crushing and brilliant. Definitely one of the best I've heard this year.
Although I find it funny that they said they wanted to make an album like Metallica's The Black Album, because this smokes it and I don't hear the similarities...

@simpleKoala this place might appeal.
Thx :)

I still have my Burzum phases. Filosofem is kind of sleepy Music for me. I have this on cd and as a vinyl record, but never actually played the cd. Think it is the essential black metal ambient album.

I listen to a lot of ambient music, it drowns all this micro noises that keep me alert and allows me to relax. Repetitive monotonous long songs are perfect for that. Weirdly enough this “black metal” album is perfect for that.

Attachments

• 1717605548485744.jpeg
    1717605548485744.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back