Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

What We Know So Far...
Portrait Clues
Robin Williams
Miles Teller
Craig Charles
Margot Robbie
Anthony Bourdain
Uma Thurman
Julia Roberts
Ian McShane
Roger Moore
Robin Wright
Christopher Walken
Neil Patrick Harris
Danny DeVito
Carl Sagan
And because it's the 10th clue, I shall offer some guidance in deciphering them. All these people have starred in either a TV show/Film which has featured a song from the same album.
The album was released past the year 2000.

Also Robin Williams died in 2014 so the time frame that the album was released would have to be between 2000 and 2014

Neither the Album or Artist has been guessed as of this post.

What We Know So Far...
Portrait Clues
Robin Williams
Miles Teller
Craig Charles
Margot Robbie
Anthony Bourdain
Uma Thurman
Julia Roberts
Ian McShane
Roger Moore
Robin Wright
Christopher Walken
Neil Patrick Harris
Danny DeVito
Carl Sagan

Also Robin Williams died in 2014 so the time frame that the album was released would have to be between 2000 and 2014

Neither the Album or Artist has been guessed as of this post.

Thanks! We should be able to guess the right album with all these clues.

I'm just thinking about The White Stripes.

They are featured on
Suicide Squad (Margot Robbie)
Footloose (Miles Teller)
No reservations (Anthony Bourgain)
Wonder (Julia Roberts)

Regarding Carl Sagan I found this:
With the aid of a ‘space-proof’ turntable and high-altitude balloon, Jack White's Third Man Records will try to beam Carl Sagan’s A Glorious Dawn from orbit.
Carl Sagan
🤔

Also they seem to have done several 007 ads.

I don't think it's them, but this is the best I found today. 🙂

I'm just thinking about The White Stripes.

They are featured on
Suicide Squad (Margot Robbie)
Footloose (Miles Teller)
No reservations (Anthony Bourgain)
Wonder (Julia Roberts)

Regarding Carl Sagan I found this:
With the aid of a ‘space-proof’ turntable and high-altitude balloon, Jack White's Third Man Records will try to beam Carl Sagan’s A Glorious Dawn from orbit.
Carl Sagan
🤔

Also they seem to have done several 007 ads.

I don't think it's them, but this is the best I found today. 🙂
There would be a big set of nuts on @Alexander to choose White Stripes as the N&G album of the month at the same time another record club chose the White Stripes as their ROTM.

just wondered... one artist that has a slight connection with robin williams i kinda just want people to look at and see...

is there anything connecting tom waits?

Was Sagan involved in anything other than Cosmos and Contact?

Vangelis did the Cosmos soundtrack.

Roger Moore was in Spice World, Wannabe was on the Contact soundtrack...

Since he said 80s I guess Cosmos? Can anyone make Vangelis fit better than I could?

I see that Vangelis seems to be in the movie "Old dogs" with Robin Williams.

So it seems we're looking for someone who has appeared in different soundtracks in different decades, and just the album itself is post-2000, but the artist had success prior to 2000 either as part of a band, with a different band, as a solo artist, or just has been successful at various points in their career.
I really don’t know but reading that the two names that came to mind were Cinematic Orchestra and Tangerine Dream.

I really don’t know but reading that the two names that came to mind were Cinematic Orchestra and Tangerine Dream.

Already guessed Cinematic Orchestra but @Alexander annihilated my hopes with this:

Oh, yeah, forgot to say that neither the artist or album has been guessed yet. Happy Sunday!

H7liMpC.gif

even though mythodia would be the most interesting choice as its the first ever completely classical recording the club has had.. chances are its something like nocturnal (their piano new age album) or rosetta.. more albums that were very recent releases

And because it's the 10th clue, I shall offer some guidance in deciphering them. All these people have starred in either a TV show/Film which has featured a song from the same album.

I'm having problems with this clue now.
We're looking for an album released post-2000 with a song included in a show or movie with Carl Sagan, who died in 1996.
According to IMDb, after 2000 Sagan only "appeared" on the Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson and a documentary called Fan Girl Academy.
But it seems like the new Cosmos didn't have a soundtrack.
Ugh, I'm so lost.

I'm having problems with this clue now.
We're looking for an album released post-2000 with a song included in a show or movie with Carl Sagan, who died in 1996.
According to IMDb, after 2000 Sagan only "appeared" on the Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson and a documentary called Fan Girl Academy.
But it seems like the new Cosmos didn't have a soundtrack.
Ugh, I'm so lost.
I don't think all the clues point specifically to a song on the album. Perhaps they just point to the artist in other ways.

this is not it- but if you like chill spacey electronic with a dash of Sagan, here's a song:

I was thinking something like melodysheep and it's not, but y'all should check out his Symphony of Science stuff for some trippy world shit.

y'all just lemme know when you figure this out. also lemme know your thoughts on injera cause I just ate way too much of it straight up, not even using it as a scoop, and I regret nothing.

Back