Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

So I’ve been researching and I have a guess...

Thou - Magus

1. Stoner/doom/sludge metal (according to wiki)
2. 2018
3. Critically acclaimed and outside of metal too (good pitchfork review)
4. American - from Baton Rouge
5. Hues of red and blue in the sky, women wearing white dresses
6. Legal cannabis - decriminalized in Baton Rouge
7. A magus is a type of sorcerer
8. Dunno
9. 2018
10. Peaked at 8 on billboard vinyl chart

I’ve also seen it talked about on the old forum

It might not be this but I think we have a contender...

So I’ve been researching and I have a guess...

Thou - Magus

1. Stoner/doom/sludge metal (according to wiki)
2. 2018
3. Critically acclaimed and outside of metal too (good pitchfork review)
4. American - from Baton Rouge
5. Hues of red and blue in the sky, women wearing white dresses
6. Legal cannabis - decriminalized in Baton Rouge
7. A magus is a type of sorcerer
8. Dunno
9. 2018
10. Peaked at 8 on billboard vinyl chart

I’ve also seen it talked about on the old forum

It might not be this but I think we have a contender...

Your old friends, that vinyl club that hurt you, that really hurt you, that you don't like talking about have this as an exclusive. Not sure @Goatfish would drive up sales for them but then again other retailers are available.

Damnit man, I’m on a diet...

Just stream it Joe if you've never heard it. Gorgeousness. My National Pride (also known as Knowledge Of Beauty) talks of Rowland's Irish roots.

This Is What She's Like is 12 minutes of gorgeousness. Not what the public wanted after Come On Eileen but to me one of the best pieces of music in the 80s. Seriously edited in this clip. You need the full thing.

It's not for everyone but definitely in my top 5 albums of all time. Especially of irish/themed based music.

Just stream it Joe if you've never heard it. Gorgeousness. My National Pride (also known as Knowledge Of Beauty) talks of Rowland's Irish roots.

This Is What She's Like is 12 minutes of gorgeousness. Not what the public wanted after Come On Eileen but to me one of the best pieces of music in the 80s. Seriously edited in this clip. You need the full thing.

It's not for everyone but definitely in my top 5 albums of all time. Especially of irish/themed based music.

I mean the first two albums are parts of my childhood but I don’t know this one...

Yeah we can put a good solid claim on Rowland, apart from the album cover of his 1999 self titled album, that was the English part of him, fecking eejit

I mean the first two albums are parts of my childhood but I don’t know this one...

Yeah we can put a good solid claim on Rowland, apart from the album cover of his 1999 self titled album, that was the English part of him, fecking eejit

There isn't really a bad Dexys album. Their comeback One Day I'm Going To Soar is also excellent. But Don't Stand Me Down is THE one. The songs have matured, he's going for something big, timeless and it ends up being career suicide.

Deafheaven - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love
SUNN O))) - Life Metal???
Errorzone - Vein
Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage???
Mastodon - Once More Round The Sun
Anthrax - For All Kings

IDK these are all probably wrong...

Haha! You’re really researching I love it.

Please refrain from spam guessing (more than one at a time) if you could for the rest of the month as I’m going to buying a copy for whoever guesses it and want everyone to have a fair shot.

Also, would be good if you try to tie the guess to all the clues so everyone can see how you got to those names - would be awesome!

Again, no biggie I just don’t want hurt feelings or any appearance of unfairness when I buy the “winner” the record this month!

Back