New Music Friday!

I think DIIV’s vocals come closest to that of The Radio Dept.’s. TRD’s vocals make their entire sound outside of the Dream Pop/Shoegaze/Electronic/Indie Rock music they do so well. I think it’s what makes them really great and unique. DIIV’s vocals are light, hazy and hidden. Most songs the vocals are it’s own instrument. TRD’s vocals also sound “wet” or drenched a little bit. Idk if that makes sense but it’s hard to describe. DIIV’s first two albums are also more “wet”. The last two are more dry and airy but still similar.
Nothing's Tired Of Tomorrow is like that too.

I really enjoyed the instrumentation on the new DIIV album. It's damn good. But, man, I can't get past the vocals.. they ruin the record for me. They just seem very poorly mixed in on the majority of the record. I'm pretty new to the band, and I've seen a lot of hype for the record, but is that what they're going for with the vocal mixing? Someone fill me in becasue I really want to like this album more than I do! The vocals just have me scratching my head..
Alright. Thanks to everyone who hyped this one up. I'm on my 4th listen to the new DIIV album now and it's really growing on me. My initial listen was in my truck (big mistake). Headphones are a must with this album. Vocals come through better and you pick up a lot more of the low end. Glad I've stuck with this one. Easily see it winding up on my AOTY list somewhere ✌️

Alright. Thanks to everyone who hyped this one up. I'm on my 4th listen to the new DIIV album now and it's really growing on me. My initial listen was in my truck (big mistake). Headphones are a must with this album. Vocals come through better and you pick up a lot more of the low end. Glad I've stuck with this one. Easily see it winding up on my AOTY list somewhere ✌️
Check out their last one if you dig this one a lot. I like it little bit more

Just popping in to say that I'm really looking forward to the new Storefront Church album coming later this month. The latest single absolutely floored me: Melting Mirror

I got to see him open for Laetitia Sadier earlier in the spring, and he was very good live, but it was just him and these songs need a full band — if not an orchestra!

Radar List, 31st May 2024
  • Akira Kosemura & Lawrence EnglishSelene (Ambient / Downtempo / Dreampop)
  • Aphex TwinDigeridoo (Expanded Edition) (Electronic / Electro / IDM / EBM)
  • Bill EvansMomentum (Funk / Jazz / Blues / Soul / Gospel)
  • CHVEKalvarie (Metal / Noise / Industrial / Extreme)
  • CandyIt's Inside You (Metal / Noise / Industrial / Extreme)
  • Death Is Not The EndThe Archival Recordings of Constantin Brãiloiu, 1913-1953 (African / Asian / Latin / Traditional / World)
  • Dylan HennerPerforms Raymond Scott's Soothing Sounds for Baby (Ambient / Downtempo / Dreampop)
  • Joe LoDucaEvil Dead: A Nightmare Reimagined (Soundtracks)
  • MiauxNever Coming Back (Electronic / Electro / IDM / EBM)
  • ThouUmbilical (Punk / Hardcore / Post-Punk)

Radar List for 5.31.24

Willie Nelson – The Border
Ghostpoet – Am I The Change I Wish To See?
Can – Live In Aston 1977
Thou – Umbilical
Arooj Aftab – Night Reign
Hollow Ship – Animated Music EP
Esy Tadesse – Ahadu
Anna Tival – Living Thing
Akira Kosemura & Lawrence English – Selene
King Hannah – Big Swimmer
Swamp Dogg – Blackgrass: From West Virginia to 125th St
Psychic Temple – Doggie Paddlin’ Thru The Cosmic Consciousness
The Marías – Submarine
Jordan Hamilton – Project Freedom
Crowded House – Gravity Stairs
Richard Thompson – Ship to Shore
Tha Dogg Pound – W.A.W.G. (We All We Got)
Lisa Ann Schoenberg – Old Growth Playback
My Diligence – Death.Horses.Black

Radar List for 5.31.24

Willie Nelson – The Border
Ghostpoet – Am I The Change I Wish To See?
Can – Live In Aston 1977
Thou – Umbilical
Arooj Aftab – Night Reign
Hollow Ship – Animated Music EP
Esy Tadesse – Ahadu
Anna Tival – Living Thing
Akira Kosemura & Lawrence English – Selene
King Hannah – Big Swimmer
Swamp Dogg – Blackgrass: From West Virginia to 125th St
Psychic Temple – Doggie Paddlin’ Thru The Cosmic Consciousness
The Marías – Submarine
Jordan Hamilton – Project Freedom
Crowded House – Gravity Stairs
Richard Thompson – Ship to Shore
Tha Dogg Pound – W.A.W.G. (We All We Got)
Lisa Ann Schoenberg – Old Growth Playback
My Diligence – Death.Horses.Black
Tha Dogg Pound? Is Da Lench Mob releasing an album next week?

Last edited:
Back