New Music Friday!

The new discovery for me today that I am really loving, which is a bit of a surprise based on their description as a Saxophone and Drums Duo, and their terrible album artwork is O. - WeirdOs.

This album is a TOUR DE FORCE!. It kinda feels like Lightning Bolt if they were a bit more influenced by Jazz than the sound of car crashes. I guess they are part of UK The Windmill scene and I could see them fitting in nicely on a bill opening for Black Midi or or Squid.

Last edited:
The new discovery for me today that I am really loving, which is a bit of a surprise based on their description as a Saxophone and Drums Duo, and their terrible album artwork is O. - WeirdOs.

This album is a TOUR DE FORCE!. It kinda feels like Lightning Bolt if they were a bit more influenced by Jazz than the sound of car crashes. I guess they are part of UK The Windmill scene and I could see them fitting in nicely on a bill opening for Black Midi or or Squid.

Been Stellar - Scream From New York, NY is very good. Probably gonna pick this up on wax today.

Something I just discovered about these two releases, both were produced by Dan Carey. Just looked him up as I was unfamiliar and it looks like He’s produced albums from Wet Leg, Squid, Fontains DC, and Black MIDI which fits but it’s kind of a surprising that both came out today.

Something I just discovered about these two releases, both were produced by Dan Carey. Just looked him up as I was unfamiliar and it looks like He’s produced albums from Wet Leg, Squid, Fontains DC, and Black MIDI which fits but it’s kind of a surprising that both came out today.
As in the drummer of Tool?

I also really enjoyed the new Shacks Rarities Comp. I loved the one album they put out, it was a VMP Incoming title. They’re music is perfect summer vibes. I ended grabbing the record because it was less than $20 at my local.

Been Stellar - Scream From New York, NY is very good. Probably gonna pick this up on wax today.

Thanks for pointing this one out. Coincidentally, I had just turned it on b/c of a Stereogum article about them. It's solid!

Thanks for pointing this one out. Coincidentally, I had just turned it on b/c of a Stereogum article about them. It's solid!

This is a great interview though the part about him listening to Weezer in high school made me feel old AF. Well. Not Weezer per se but that the album was THE WHITE ALBUM.

Also, speaking of Stereogum it looks like O. - WeirdOs was their album of the week…

Radar List for 6.28.24

Uhf – Tune In
Johnny Cash – Songwriter
Dirty Three – Love Changes Everything
SUSS – Birds & Beasts
Oh Hiroshima – All Things Shining
SML – Small Medium Large
Ahmed Malek – Musique Originale De Films (Volume 2)
Neil Young + Crazy Horse – Early Daze
Marsha Ambrosius – Casablanco
Megan Thee Stallion – MEGAN
Dobet Gnahoré – Zouzou
Nebula / Black Rainbows – In Search of the Cosmic Tale: Crossing the Galactic Portal
Mabe Fratti – Sentir Que No Sabes
Eric Hilton – Out of the Blur
William Parker / Cooper-Moore / Hamid Drake – Heart Trio
Previous Industries – Service Merchandise
Headie One – The Last One
Lupe Fiasco – Samurai
Madeleine Peyroux – Let’s Walk
Christine Jensen – Harbour
Chris Corsano – The Key (Became The Important Thing [& Then Just Faded Away])

Last edited:
Radar List for 6.28.24

Uhf – Tune In
Johnny Cash – Songwriter
Dirty Three – Love Changes Everything
SUSS – Birds & Beasts
Oh Hiroshima – All Things Shining
SML – Small Medium Large
Neil Young + Crazy Horse – Early Daze
Marsha Ambrosius – Casablanco
Megan Thee Stallion – MEGAN
Dobet Gnahoré – Zouzou
Nebula / Black Rainbows – In Search of the Cosmic Tale: Crossing the Galactic Portal
Mabe Fratti – Sentir Que No Sabes
Eric Hilton – Out of the Blur
William Parker / Cooper-Moore / Hamid Drake – Heart Trio
Previous Industries – Service Merchandise
Headie One – The Last One
Lupe Fiasco – Samurai
Madeleine Peyroux – Let’s Walk
Christine Jensen – Harbour
Chris Corsano – The Key (Became The Important Thing [& Then Just Faded Away])
Aaron Frazer - Into the Blue
Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats - South of Here
Kaitlin Butts - Roadrunner!
Wilco - Hot Sun Cold Shroud

Last edited:
Back