New Music Friday!

Radar List, 12th July 2024
  • Ark ZeadNiptaktuk (Ambient / Downtempo / Dreampop)
  • Loren Connors And Alan LichtThe Blue Hour (Live) (Folk / Roots, Modern Classical / Ambient)
  • ObsceneAgony & Wounds (Death)
  • Patrick HigginsVersus (Dark Ambient / Drone / Metal)
  • SkelethalWithin Corrosive Continuums (Death)

Radar List for 7.19.24

Parlor Greens – In Green We Dream
Childish Gambino – Bando Stone & The New World
Mourning [A] BLKstar – Ancient//Future
Joep Beving & Maarten Vos – Vision of Contentment
Lilacs & Champagne – Fantasy World
Bizhili – Unbound
Begonia – Open Swim EP
SHHE – DÝRA
Beachwood Sparks – Across the River of Stars
Carson McHone – ODES EP

I couldn’t get to the finish line on that new Common/Pete Rock, should I revisit it? Seemed like the worst kind of nostalgia bomb (beats were fine, Common’s flow was off - when he was at his peak, he seemed effortless even when his rhymes might be extra contrived… this seems forced.)

Last edited:
I couldn’t get to the finish line on that new Common/Pete Rock, should I revisit it? Seemed like the worst kind of nostalgia bomb (beats were fine, Common’s flow was off - when he was at his peak, he seemed effortless even when his rhymes might be extra contrived… this seems forced.)
I have never much cared for Common, another Chicago rapper I wish I enjoyed more. For me, it’s always been about his beats and while I am a big Pete Rock fan, there is plenty of better options there.

Radar List, 19th July 2024
  • Elori SaxlDrifts and Surfaces (Modern Classical / Ambient)
  • OrcasHow to Color a Thousand Mistakes (Electronic, Modern Classical / Ambient)
  • Pedro Vian, MerzbowInside Richard Serra Sculptures (Ambient / Blips / Electronica / Experimental / Industrial / Noise)
  • SuperpositionII (Helsinki)

Back