New Music Friday!

Radar 📡 List

ANCIIENTS - Beyond The Reach Of The Sun
Bent Knee - Twenty Pills Without Water
Ellende - Todbringerin
Jon Hopkins - Ritual
Jónsi - First Light
Leprous - Melodies Of Atonement
Fucking NAILS - Every Bridge Burning (It's been 8 years since their last album and I'm pumped ✊️)
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Wild God
Ty Segall - Love Rudiments
Wintersun - Time II
Looking forward to Nails too.

Radar List, 30th August 2024
  • Aidan Baker & Dead NeanderthalsCast Down And Hunted (Dark Ambient / Drone / Metal)
  • Dame AreaToda la verdad sobre Dame Area (Industrial / Wave / Electro)
  • Terrestrial ParadiseArtificial Hell (Industrial / Wave / Electro)
[edit] None of these were released this year, even. I wish websites put in huge letters at the top of the listing THIS IS A RE-RELEASE / REPRESS / RESTOCK so I wouldn't waste my time making a list of ten-year-old records :(

Last edited:
Radar List for 8.30.24

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Wild God
Los Bitchos – Talkie Talkie
RZA – A Ballet Through Mud
Jon Hopkins –
Ritual
Marquis Hill – Composers Collective: Beyond The Jukebox
Chelsea Wolfe – Undone EP
Laurie Anderson – Amelia
Ellen Reid – Big Majestic
Tigran Hamasyan – The Bird Of A Thousand Voices
Tycho – Infinite Health
Richard Cheese – Blue No Matter Who
Galliano – Halfway Somewhere
Yannis & The Yaw – Lagos Paris London EP
The Cactus Blossoms – Every Time I Think About You
Bent Knee – Twenty Pills Without Water
Shemekia Copeland – Blame It On Eve
Elder – Live at BBC Maida Vale Studios
Nektar – Mission To Mars
Lia Kohl – Normal Sounds
Various Artists – Synthesizing the Silk Roads: Uzbek Disco, Tajik Folktronica, Uyghur Rock & Crimean Tatar Jazz from 1980s Soviet Central Asia
Joshua Bell – Mendelssohn: Piano Trios
George Winston – Eastern Montana

Missed Ellen Reid's Big Majestic on my list. Oops.
Features appearances by Shabaka and Kronos Quartet!

Want to take a second to recommend you my best friend's album for this New Music Friday. Today is her albums release day and she has worked tirelessly on this record for the last 2 years and I'm so proud that it's now out in the world.

If you like Angel Olsen, Sharon Van Etten, King Hannah and other grungy/rocky vibes like that I think you'll really enjoy what you hear. She's actually opened for Sharon Van Etten at the Troubadour in LA! Something about her music has a distinct late 90's rock vibe to it as well that I love.

I'm not just saying this because I love her to death but her voice to me is so unique and singular, it truly has a character and sound that I haven't heard else where. I'm so excited to see where her music takes her, she's got serious talent.

This is what she says about the record

"this is a breakup record. a grief record. and certainly a record of me figuring out what anger looked like for myself. I’ve been working on this project for almost three years, and it’s ultimately the reason I moved to LA. I felt very broken writing these songs, but I have the chance now to look at this with a whole lot of heart."

Consider keeping up wit her on IG if you dig it!

Last edited:
Want to take a second to recommend you my best friend's album for this New Music Friday. Today is her albums release day and she has worked tirelessly on this record for the last 2 years and I'm so proud that it's now out in the world.

If you like Angel Olsen, Sharon Van Etten, King Hannah and other grungy/rocky vibes like that I think you'll really enjoy what you hear. She's actually opened for Sharon Van Etten at the Troubadour in LA! Something about her music has a distinct late 90's rock vibe to it as well that I love.

I'm not just saying this because I love her to death but her voice to me is so unique and singular, it truly has a character and sound that I haven't heard else where. I'm so excited to see where her music takes her, she's got serious talent.

Nice!

I added one of her singles (Tarantula Type) to my "New Music" playlist a few weeks back and I've been loving it! Not sure how I found out about it, did Stereogum rep it in their New Music maybe?

Anyway, congrats to you friend! I'm excited to listen to the whole album.

Nice!

I added one of her singles (Tarantula Type) to my "New Music" playlist a few weeks back and I've been loving it! Not sure how I found out about it, did Stereogum rep it in their New Music maybe?

Anyway, congrats to you friend! I'm excited to listen to the whole album.
So sick! That makes me so happy. I know she got a few write ups so that's definitely possible. Enjoy the full project :). I think it's an incredibly promising first project. If you ever get to see her live I highly recommend, her voice puts an incredible hush over the room everytime.

This is what she says about the record

"this is a breakup record. a grief record. and certainly a record of me figuring out what anger looked like for myself. I’ve been working on this project for almost three years, and it’s ultimately the reason I moved to LA. I felt very broken writing these songs, but I have the chance now to look at this with a whole lot of heart."

Listening 🎧 to it rn and it's quite good 👍

Radar List, 30th August 2024
  • Aidan Baker & Dead NeanderthalsCast Down And Hunted (Dark Ambient / Drone / Metal)
  • Dame AreaToda la verdad sobre Dame Area (Industrial / Wave / Electro)
  • Terrestrial ParadiseArtificial Hell (Industrial / Wave / Electro)
[edit] None of these were released this year, even. I wish websites put in huge letters at the top of the listing THIS IS A RE-RELEASE / REPRESS / RESTOCK so I wouldn't waste my time making a list of ten-year-old records :(
What websites do you use to find albums?

Wrapping up the new Jon Hopkins and it did not disappoint. Not quite to Psychedelic Therapy levels but I appreciated the shorter format that still had a discrete progression. I was overly hyped for this one. I'm not calling it AOTY but it makes top 20 for certain.

What a lovely album.

I was excited to see Ishq involved with this one. I've just recently started revisiting a few of their older works I had back in the day.

The sites I tend to buy from, Boomkat, Bleep, Norman Records, Juno. Sometimes I go a bit deeper and try and check somewhere like All Music to find a release date, but it's very frustrating sometimes.
For strictly seeing when new music is coming out, you dont use sites like Bandcamp or AOTY? Both of those make it pretty easy to see a release date and to see if the album is actually new or if it's a re-release, for example. ✌️

The sites I tend to buy from, Boomkat, Bleep, Norman Records, Juno. Sometimes I go a bit deeper and try and check somewhere like All Music to find a release date, but it's very frustrating sometimes.

For strictly seeing when new music is coming out, you dont use sites like Bandcamp or AOTY? Both of those make it pretty easy to see a release date and to see if the album is actually new or if it's a re-release, for example. ✌️

Back