Online Vinyl Deals

Guys! We're all going to have SO MANY VINYLZ!!!
VINYL$? Where we're going, we don't need VINELZ.
IgnorantAcidicGull-size_restricted.gif

Thanks

Well... I obviously agree with you. I used to blow up the vinyl deals sub, too. It was pretty dead, so I went in there for a while and filled pages with deals. Thousands of people joined around that time and it really grew, because it was so active and I kept it stocked with deals. Other people started showing up and butting heads, etc. That's how I met certain people, as I've referenced earlier, who started trying to fuck with me over it. Eventually, Amazon tried to claim that I violated their terms of service. I would either need to be a mod of that sub or get mod status, or I couldn't post links anymore. I'd racked up about $500 in referrals that they owed me, in about 10 days. And even though that means about $20 grand for them, they tripped and shut everyone down. I pointed out specifically how it didn't violate their terms and they ultimately just said, "Well... it's our program." And threatened to hold all of the money they owed me, if I continued to do it. I took my $500 and kept it moving.

With Bespoke Post, they specify their terms like this

"Referring customers may not use spam or send unsolicited emails to persons they don't personally know to collect referrals and may not collect referrals by posting on message boards or other online venues in violation of such venues’ terms of use."

What I'm doing doesn't violate the policies of of the venues that I'm posting on. So, technically, you are 100% right that it shouldn't be an issue. That doesn't mean that they won't make it one, though

They do follow that up with

"Bespoke Post reserves the right to cancel a referring customer’s referral credit if it determines in its sole discretion that a referring customer has violated these terms ..."

If I have people telling me that they've collected at least $400 in credit by simply grabbing some of the runoff from my posts, how many thousands of dollars in credit do you suppose they owe me and, more importantly, how much of that do you think they really feel like honoring?

I guess we'll find out. According to them, it takes about 7 days for it to arrive in my account. Or not.

VMP's policy was similar back in the day. For Demon Days I only sent emails to people who gave it to me. Never posted a link. It reached a point where their referral system was overloaded and they had to check mannually. Same thing happened on Huckberry when they had the signed Wilco albums. The system might just be overloaded.

VMP's policy was similar back in the day. For Demon Days I only sent emails to people who gave it to me. Never posted a link. It reached a point where their referral system was overloaded and they had to check mannually. Same thing happened on Huckberry when they had the signed Wilco albums. The system might just be overloaded.

I got those Wilco albums

Cheap as fuck Kate Bush I (£37), II (£35) & IV (£40) on Amazon UK (deduct 20% for US customers)

Back