Phono Cartridges - Your favorites and least favorites?

Probably should be in the Technics thread but RULES ARE FOR SUCKERS!

Anyone here with a 1200 of some sort using the KAB fluid damper? The folks at SHF swear by them but also....I'm skeptical. Looking for a second opinion, anhone have one? Worth it?
I agree with @Angsty, it may depend on the cartridge. That said, it worked great on my Gardo's, Hana and Ortofon's and at that point it just stayed on the TT at all times. I think it's an affordable add on to roll the dice on, just my opinion of course ;)

So for a hana el does having a phonoamp that supports 0.4mV handle a 0.5mV cart, is it just going to be louder than line or might there be a problem and I'd have to go with the less praised eh model

And I'm unsure about the sl because that is 0.4 and considered better but it's much more expensive and I'd care much more about warps that wouldn't normally bug me as much

So for a hana el does having a phonoamp that supports 0.4mV handle a 0.5mV cart, is it just going to be louder than line or might there be a problem and I'd have to go with the less praised eh model

And I'm unsure about the sl because that is 0.4 and considered better but it's much more expensive and I'd care much more about warps that wouldn't normally bug me as much
it’s just going to be a little louder in line.

Back