Portland / Oregon

Favorite set?
If forced to pick, I would have to say Daniel Villarreal in the Galaxy Barn.

Subject to revision, here is my top 10...

Daniel Villarreal in the Galaxy Barn
Geese in the Galaxy Barn
Billie Marten in the Woods
True Loves at Cherry Hill
Kassa Overall in the Galaxy Barn
Anna Tivel at Cherry Hill
Courtney Barnett at Paddock
Dean Johnson in the Woods
Ratboys at Cherry Hill
Greg Freeman at Cherry Hill

Jeffrey Martin at Windmill for honorable mention

You?

If forced to pick, I would have to say Daniel Villarreal in the Galaxy Barn.

Subject to revision, here is my top 10...

Daniel Villarreal in the Galaxy Barn
Geese in the Galaxy Barn
Billie Marten in the Woods
True Loves at Cherry Hill
Kassa Overall in the Galaxy Barn
Anna Tivel at Cherry Hill
Courtney Barnett at Paddock
Dean Johnson in the Woods
Ratboys at Cherry Hill
Greg Freeman at Cherry Hill

Jeffrey Martin at Windmill for honorable mention

You?

Too difficult to choose, which why I wondered if you could.

Probably one of the Bonnie 'Prince' Billy sets. Geese was great both nights.

Water From Your Eyes in the Galaxy barn was a surprise. I liked This Is Lorelei, too

I really enjoyed Courtney Barnett, especially seeing all those girls who probably picked up a guitar because of her. The Paddock was amazing this year and Courtney got to return as such a strong and empowering presence. I was right next to the girls who handed her the bracelet she put on and they screeched like banshee.

Oh! Rhododendron was great, too. I didn't see The Macks, but those were 2 of the most talked about shows I heard about all weekend. Them being last minute replacements might be one of the most impressive moves by organizers this year.

Last edited:
Too difficult to choose, which why I wondered if you could.

Probably one of the Bonnie 'Prince' Billy sets. Geese was great both nights.

Water From Your Eyes in the Galaxy barn was a surprise. I liked This Is Lorelei, too

I really enjoyed Courtney Barnett, especially seeing all those girls who probably picked up a guitar because of her. The Paddock was amazing this year and Courtney got to return as such a strong and empowering presence. I was right next to the girls who handed her the bracelet she put on and they screeched like banshee.

Oh! Rhododendron was great, too. I didn't see The Mack's, but those were 2 of the most talked about shows I heard about all weekend. Them being last minute replacements might be one of the most impressive moves by organizers this year.
Yeah, choosing a favorite is pretty impossible. Daniel’s sets stood out a bit for me, which doesn’t always happen.

Courtney was the top pick for both of my daughters (15 and 17). She just owned that stage in such a powerful way. And agreed that the positioning of that stage was so much better this year.

This Is Lorelei was really good. I also enjoyed Theo Lawrence (saw him twice).

Yeah, choosing a favorite is pretty impossible. Daniel’s sets stood out a bit for me, which doesn’t always happen.

Courtney was the top pick for both of my daughters (15 and 17). She just owned that stage in such a powerful way. And agreed that the positioning of that stage was so much better this year.

This Is Lorelei was really good. I also enjoyed Theo Lawrence (saw him twice).

Did you catch Water From Your Eyes? I loved both of their projects but completely different than This Is Lorelei. Max from Geese was telling me how they'd toured with Water From Your Eyes and how he has all their songs burned into his mind. He also told me that Gene Ween's daughter used to babysit him in New York.

Did you catch Water From Your Eyes? I loved both of their projects but completely different than This Is Lorelei. Max from Geese was telling me how they'd toured with Water From Your Eyes and how he has all their songs burned into his mind. He also told me that Gene Ween's daughter used to babysit him in New York.
Saw them on Thursday night. It was good, but I was expecting / hoping to like it more. Had lower expectations for This Is Lorelei, which likely factored in.

Now that I've upgraded the turntable, gonna sell the Fluance RT-85. If anyone in the area is interested shoot me a message. It's in great shape and the Ortofon Blue is about a year old and still sounding great.

Anyone have strong feelings about their ISP? I tried to sign up for Quantum Fiber for my new place, but they last-minute canceled the appointment and seem to have straight-up deleted my account. My research told me as much: their internet is great, but god help you should you need customer support. 2 hours on hold yesterday, only to speak to someone with an utterly undecipherable phone connection. Signing up for Xfinity at the moment, against my better judgement.

Anyone have strong feelings about their ISP? I tried to sign up for Quantum Fiber for my new place, but they last-minute canceled the appointment and seem to have straight-up deleted my account. My research told me as much: their internet is great, but god help you should you need customer support. 2 hours on hold yesterday, only to speak to someone with an utterly undecipherable phone connection. Signing up for Xfinity at the moment, against my better judgement.

You're exactly right about Quantum. Fast internet, but horrific experience. I'm in Seattle, but the service went out at least 3 times during our trial. They'll tell you that they can get someone out in a few days, as if your entire life from streaming to using the printer doesn't rely on having it.

It seems like nobody actually works for Quantum. Their technicians are 3rd party contract workers and I'd imagine their call center is no different. There is no communication between them and if you signed up from a salesman at your door, that's another completely different company. At one point, I couldn't get ahold of the guy we signed up through, because he left his phone in his car. Nothing professional about them.

Have you looked into CenturyLink? In 5 years of service, we have never had an issue (bill locked in at the exact same monthly rate) and have never had an outage that wasn't power related. Blazing fast. Most of our neighbors have been switching over from Comcast.

Have you looked into CenturyLink? In 5 years of service, we have never had an issue (bill locked in at the exact same monthly rate) and have never had an outage that wasn't power related. Blazing fast. Most of our neighbors have been switching over from Comcast.
I think they're one and the same; I intended to sign up for CenturyLink and got routed to Quantum Fiber. At the time I thought it was just gravy, fiber=good. I just tried the CenturyLink site again, and I think there's no workaround:
Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 11.32.45 AM.png
From what I can tell, I can no longer sign up for CenturyLink, and one day you will be a Quantum Fiber customer.
d2i4f15hw6zz.png

I think they're one and the same; I intended to sign up for CenturyLink and got routed to Quantum Fiber. At the time I thought it was just gravy, fiber=good. I just tried the CenturyLink site again, and I think there's no workaround:
View attachment 211121
From what I can tell, I can no longer sign up for CenturyLink, and one day you will be a Quantum Fiber customer.
d2i4f15hw6zz.png
Interesting. I guess the good news is that we have never required any customer service of any kind, given that they apparently don't have any. I will say, my neighbors have a long list of horror stories about Comcast, so maybe it's a no-win proposition?

Interesting. I guess the good news is that we have never required any customer service of any kind, given that they apparently don't have any. I will say, my neighbors have a long list of horror stories about Comcast, so maybe it's a no-win proposition?
Based on my experience using comcast while renting, it’s kinda similar: you won’t hate it until it breaks, but when it breaks it breaks you too.

I just picked up my comcast router and self-installed with minimal sweat, so consider me a loyal customer to the Sheinhardt Wig Company 🤷

Back