Pre-Order Thread

PRE-ORDERS OPEN NOW!
This product will ship beginning February 24th.

Try Hard Coffee partnered with David Ramirez to roast a coffee that you can enjoy while listening to his latest album, “Rules and Regulations”. Try Hard selected a coffee from northern Peru, specifically from the San Ignacio province. This coffee is a mix of the varieties caturra, bourbon, and typica. This is a patio/sun dried, fully-washed coffee that is certified organic. To round out the flavor profile and create a full and boldly drinkable coffee, Try Hard blended this Peruvian coffee with a pulped-natural Brazilian coffee. Try Hard roasted this coffee to a true medium so that it can be enjoyed the way David enjoys his coffee – black.

2x3_CP_ramirez_480x480.png

David’s album “Rules and Regulations” was recorded at Austin Signal Studios. The sound engineers used vintage microphones and first-edition recording equipment in combination with a new mixing/mastering system to create a rough and raw finished sound. Inspired by this recording style, Try Hard used an old-school flavor profile and a new-wave style of roasting to create the David Ramirez blend. This coffee is a mash-up of new styles and classic boutique equipment working in tandem to create a unique flavor experience– a no-frills coffee you can drink while you listen to the rough and raw cuts of David’s new album.

Try Hard is releasing an exclusive box set complete with a 12oz bag of coffee, 12” EP of “Rules and Regulations”, a felt vinyl slipmat with David’s lyrics printed on it, and an insert on the recording process of the album.

PRE-ORDERS OPEN NOW!
This product will ship beginning February 24th.

Try Hard Coffee partnered with David Ramirez to roast a coffee that you can enjoy while listening to his latest album, “Rules and Regulations”. Try Hard selected a coffee from northern Peru, specifically from the San Ignacio province. This coffee is a mix of the varieties caturra, bourbon, and typica. This is a patio/sun dried, fully-washed coffee that is certified organic. To round out the flavor profile and create a full and boldly drinkable coffee, Try Hard blended this Peruvian coffee with a pulped-natural Brazilian coffee. Try Hard roasted this coffee to a true medium so that it can be enjoyed the way David enjoys his coffee – black.

2x3_CP_ramirez_480x480.png

David’s album “Rules and Regulations” was recorded at Austin Signal Studios. The sound engineers used vintage microphones and first-edition recording equipment in combination with a new mixing/mastering system to create a rough and raw finished sound. Inspired by this recording style, Try Hard used an old-school flavor profile and a new-wave style of roasting to create the David Ramirez blend. This coffee is a mash-up of new styles and classic boutique equipment working in tandem to create a unique flavor experience– a no-frills coffee you can drink while you listen to the rough and raw cuts of David’s new album.

Try Hard is releasing an exclusive box set complete with a 12oz bag of coffee, 12” EP of “Rules and Regulations”, a felt vinyl slipmat with David’s lyrics printed on it, and an insert on the recording process of the album.

David is one of my most favorite artists but boy was this expensive, I don't even drink coffee. The vinyl for his last two EP's has had next to no distribution.

Black Editions announces the relaunch of Keiji Haino'sown Purple Trap imprint with the release of My lord Music, I most humbly beg your indulgence in the hope that you will do me the honour of permitting this seed called Keiji Haino to be planted within you, a deluxe double album of haunting and darkly resonant hurdy gurdy music.​
Release date: March 14, 2022.
Image of My lord Music 2LP

For over 25 years, Keiji Haino has used the hurdy gurdy to channel dark dimensions—creating music that bridges the centuries between distant medieval eras and a future awash in densely layered sounds that grind and float in an otherworldly atmosphere. My Lord Music… is a suite of nine pieces that reveal the startlingly distinctive and wide range of Haino’s approach to the instrument. The music is at once dissonant and hypnotic, rich with unfurling drones that dynamically ebb and flow—Haino’s musical sensibility and physicality, always present and unmistakable.

My lord Music… is the first release in Haino’s newly relaunched Purple Trap imprint, produced in collaboration with Black Editions and personally supervised by the artist himself. Purple Trap will present the full breadth of Keiji Haino’s works through both archival recordings and newly recorded pieces, all made available in small one-time physical editions as well as on digital platforms.​

Man, I really love experimental music, and I like Keiji Haino, but the sample on this is...fucking atrocious. It gives hurdy gurdy music a bad name, and that takes some fucking work.
Then you definitely won’t like his other gurdy records then

I'm not sure if you're joking and I'm scared to find out
Not joking

I personally love his gurdy records

I think his best work is his vocals only LP black blues (soft version) and his solo acoustic record

But I get a lot of his work is not for everyone

Great album. Ever since he passed away, that album has shot up in price. Hopefully we can get a reissue of Gavin Bryars- Sinking of the Titanic sometime soon too. Any details on the mastering from anywhere? I didn’t see any on Superior Viaducts website. They generally do good work.

Side note, I think a box set of the ten Obscure Records releases would be really cool. I’m not super familiar with all of them but I would definitely buy that.

Back