Pre-Order Thread

First thing I did after coming out of anesthesia was order this.

Sadly I just have to wait to find it from a store up here in Canada. The cheapest shipped is $75CDN.

A truly disgusting human being.
Just went down that rabbit hole. I remember people saying Mackenzie had a rough upbringing, but that was around the time when I knew her from the Disney show So Weird, so I didn't really process much as I was young. But then I see her half sister is Bijou, who was married to Danny Masterson. Man, they've had a rough go...

Just went down that rabbit hole. I remember people saying Mackenzie had a rough upbringing, but that was around the time when I knew her from the Disney show So Weird, so I didn't really process much as I was young. But then I see her half sister is Bijou, who was married to Danny Masterson. Man, they've had a rough go...

Bijou seems fairly problematic in her own right

This is an excerpt from her wikipedia:

"
In November 2017, actor Daniel Franzese alleged that Phillips had "ridiculed" him about his sexuality and weight, and physically assaulted him on the set of Bully. Phillips subsequently apologized for her behavior.[32][33] The same month, actress Heather Matarazzo claimed that Phillips had held her against a wall and choked her shortly before filming for Hostel: Part II began.[34]

Phillips has defended both her father and her husband (the former accused of rape and incest by Phillips's half-sister Mackenzie; the latter convicted of the rape and sexual assault of multiple women) in the face of allegations of their sexual abuse."

Nearly as offensive is that she was in the botched film adaption of Chuck Palahniuk's Choke; the unwatchable Germs biopic "What We Do Is Secret;" and this fiasco that everyone in this clip should be ashamed of:

"Muthafukka whut?"

She's caused plenty of damage

Bijou seems fairly problematic in her own right

This is an excerpt from her wikipedia:

"
In November 2017, actor Daniel Franzese alleged that Phillips had "ridiculed" him about his sexuality and weight, and physically assaulted him on the set of Bully. Phillips subsequently apologized for her behavior.[32][33] The same month, actress Heather Matarazzo claimed that Phillips had held her against a wall and choked her shortly before filming for Hostel: Part II began.[34]

Phillips has defended both her father and her husband (the former accused of rape and incest by Phillips's half-sister Mackenzie; the latter convicted of the rape and sexual assault of multiple women) in the face of allegations of their sexual abuse."

Nearly as offensive is that she was in the botched film adaption of Chuck Palahniuk's Choke; the unwatchable Germs biopic "What We Do Is Secret;" and this fiasco that everyone in this clip should be ashamed of:

"Muthafukka whut?"

She's caused plenty of damage

I’m learning so much. Some might argue too much

I need rewatch Bully now. I know you’ve gotta have a personal story about Larry Clark or Harmony.

I do.

The Seattle Q&A on this new Trash Humpers blu-ray is my recording. Umbrella Entertainment found it online and emailed me about including it.

The Q&A they're using is funny because it's just shitty Flipcam footage I recorded. At one point, my drunk friend says, "so, you like the black metal" and Harmony tries to clarify with, "who's my favorite black person?" His answer was Crunchy Black from Three 6 Mafia.

Trash Humpers was released by Drag City Records and I had worked with them to set up/published several interviews with Drag City artists on my blog already (David Berman, Ben Chasny, Neil Hamburger, Baby Dee, each member of Royal Trux, etc), so I reached out about interviewing Harmony. I was told it was definitely possible, but the communication was spotty and hard to set up, because my contact at the label was on the road traveling/tour managing Bonnie Prince Billy. I had a bunch of questions I'd put together just in case it went down last minute and I saw him before the screening. It wasn't going to work then, but he said I could just get his number from the label and call him.

One thing I regret was that I never followed through on that. Another is that I saw him draw a penis on a Trash Humpers poster and I didn't take it off the wall when we left that night.

I had the Flip cam and questions with me for the interview, so I filmed the Q&A instead and opted to ask one of my prepared interview questions during it. I wanted to know about shooting the scene on the bus from Julien Donkey boy with hidden cameras. He told me how they used a real "dead baby" that had been in a jar of formaldehyde. They paid some guy named Hector to get it for them from Cal Tech. Right before asking that, I gave him an autographed picture of Philip Michael Thomas from Miami Vice. Anyway... that's now a "special feature" on a commercial release. It's so ridiculous.

Semi related side anecdote:

I've gotten a couple of tattoos from the artist Jay Howell, who is the original character designer for Bob's Burgers. The reason that Louise Belcher has those pink bunny ears is because it's a nod to Gummo. I asked Jay is he'd be down to do a Bunny Boy tattoo for me and he was.

Last edited:
View attachment 205624

View attachment 205625

View attachment 205626

View attachment 205627

Now this, THIS is awful album artwork.

Back