Pre-Order Thread

Why is is audiophile, is it AAA or something? Being able to notice a discernible difference comes down to 3 things.
1. Your setup. If the setup isn't up to snuff, it probably won't make much of a difference.
2. The pressing. It could say audiophile but still sound bad. It's a gimmick unless it's AAA.
3. You. Do you have the ear? Even if you did, do you care?

I'd like to think my setup is solid and I have an ear for it but the description makes me go 🤷‍♂️Screenshot_20240703_162535_Chrome.jpg

Why is is audiophile, is it AAA or something? Being able to notice a discernible difference comes down to 3 things.
1. Your setup. If the setup isn't up to snuff, it probably won't make much of a difference.
2. The pressing. It could say audiophile but still sound bad. It's a gimmick unless it's AAA.
3. You. Do you have the ear? Even if you did, do you care?
If mofigate taught us anything, it’s that you can still make really good sounding records from digital.

So it’s a 45 cut on at least 180. Miles does good work.

If mofigate taught us anything, it’s that you can still make really good sounding records from digital.

Yeah the sourcing isn't an issue. It's just more "will it be that much better to go through the hassle" I'm leaning towards no but fomo gonna fomo. Plus it's a decent discussion topic.

Yeah the sourcing isn't an issue. It's just more "will it be that much better to go through the hassle" I'm leaning towards no but fomo gonna fomo. Plus it's a decent discussion topic.
people talk about how good Zaba sounds, so maybe?

I mean here’s the deal, is Glass Animals one of your favorites? Because that’s usually where I draw the line in an audiophile version versus whatever. I mean I always want a quality pressing and I’m not necessarily replacing good or great copies of my faves but if I have an average pressing of a fave and an audiophile copy presents itself - I’m probably rebuying. Or if a new album by say Punch Brothers (my fave active band) is coming out in a standard versus audiophile version, probably gonna opt audiophile.

people talk about how good Zaba sounds, so maybe?

I mean here’s the deal, is Glass Animals one of your favorites? Because that’s usually where I draw the line in an audiophile version versus whatever. I mean I always want a quality pressing and I’m not necessarily replacing good or great copies of my faves but if I have an average pressing of a fave and an audiophile copy presents itself - I’m probably rebuying. Or if a new album by say Punch Brothers (my fave active band) is coming out in a standard versus audiophile version, probably gonna opt audiophile.

They are one of my favorites and this version is only $5 more. But I also am ok with what I got and not having to get up to flip it as much. But I am/was? open to going the other way. Fomo has mostly passed haha

Hell yeah! Wasn't expecting another new one from them so soon!

It's actually been nearly a year and a half (I was still working when the last one came out). It feels like it's been so much less AND so much more!

This will actually be their "major label" debut. Hoping that will bring them the extra distro and promo to bring them to more ears.

The Gin Blossoms are on the wagon and off the sauce?!

Back