Pre-Order Thread

View attachment 211361

I have no idea what this is but am protesting! On the grounds of making these two very sad:
IMG_0129.jpeg

Couple Failure represses:

I love Failure and these albums but dang man they are charging way too much for them...

New Blink 182. Looks to be the B sides from their last album. Available as a 1LP or a 2LP that includes the original album

New Blink 182. Looks to be the B sides from their last album. Available as a 1LP or a 2LP that includes the original album

I'm attempting to fight the urge to pre-order the 1lp. Figure between Paladin/Apocalypse or sale page this will be easy to get

https://store.matadorrecords.com//the-hard-quartet
Shipping to arrive around October 4, 2024. Initial orders will include a press photograph autographed by all band members.
1x1_lp_vinyl_out_1_.jpg

Matador Records
The Hard Quartet is comprised of:

Emmett Kelly, a songwriter, guitarist, and vocalist best known for his work in The Cairo Gang and The Double, as well as in the company of artists such as Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Ty Segall, Rob Mazurek, and many more.

Stephen Malkmus, a songwriter, guitarist, and vocalist best known for his work with Pavement, the Jicks, Silver Jews, Straw Dogs, and eponymously.

Matt Sweeney, a songwriter, guitarist, producer and vocalist best known for his work with Chavez, Superwolf, his music for Red Dead Redemption 2 and his guitar work in the company of a panoply of artists from Guided by Voices and Cat Power to Johnny Cash and Adele.

Jim White, a drummer and songwriter best known for his work with Dirty Three, Xylouris White, eponymous-ly, and with such stalwarts as Guy Picciotto, Cat Power, Bill Callahan and Venom P Stinger.

“Leave yourself behind and go into something where you’re actually listening to others and trying to come up with a solution to whatever kind of esoteric thing you are attempting to do in your life. You know what I mean?” — E.K.

“We’re all jazzed.” — S.M.

“The way Jim plays really affected the way I hear things. He has this way of making everything sound good. All of a sudden, you really pay attention to everything else that’s going on because of what Jim is doing.”— M.S.

“There’s this thing where I’ll have a story in my head when I have an intention, and I can hear it in the drums. It doesn’t matter if I tell anyone—even the people I’m playing with. You don’t even have to be particularly conscious of it yourself. But if you have an intention, something happens to the sound. It’s really weird.” — J.W.

Last edited:
Back