Pre-Order Thread

His brother designed the logo and he won't even deal with him anymore
The story with pretty much every band ever signed to SST ends with ”…and then Greg Ginn fucked us over.”

In his biography of SST Records, "Corporate Rock Sucks", Jim Ruland raised the question of why we haven't seen any super deluxe reissues of SST's cornerstone masterpieces (Zen Arcade, Double Nickels, New Day Rising, Meat Puppets II, etc.) and posited that it is either because (A) SST no longer has their masters (due to theft or loss from corporate mishandling) or (B) SST *does* know where are the masters are, but they are no longer usable due to crappy storage conditions.

A few weeks ago after Spot passed away, the Meat Puppets posted the to their Instagram, seeming to confirm the latter, at least for Meat Puppets II -- Spot knew where their multitrack masters were and sent them to the band, but they've rotted thoroughly due to poor storage. Who knows whether the masters/multitracks still exist for anything else.

I'm not an audio restoration engineer, but I do know a couple, and their responses on whether tapes that bad can be saved is: "Anything's possible, but there are no guarantees, and doing the restoration right wouldn't necessarily be cheap."

Last edited:
The story with pretty much every band ever signed to SST ends with ”…and then Greg Ginn fucked us over.”

In his biography of SST Records, "Corporate Rock Sucks", Jim Ruland raised the question of why we haven't seen any super deluxe reissues of SST's cornerstone masterpieces (Zen Arcade, Double Nickels, New Day Rising, Meat Puppets II, etc.) and posited that it is either because (A) SST no longer has their masters (due to theft or loss from corporate mishandling) or (B) SST *does* know where are the masters are, but they are no longer usable due to crappy storage conditions.

A few weeks ago after Spot passed away, the Meat Puppets posted the to their Instagram, seeming to confirm the latter, at least for Meat Puppets II -- Spot knew where their multitrack masters were and sent them to the band, but they've rotted thoroughly due to poor storage. Who knows whether the masters/multitracks still exist for anything else.

I'm not an audio restoration engineer, but I do know a couple, and their responses on whether tapes that bad can be saved is: "Anything's possible, but there are no guarantees, and doing the restoration right wouldn't necessarily be cheap."

Why can’t Elon or Bezos or Gates do something useful for society. Those guys have no vision and the money is wasted on them.
Fuck even Bruce or Bono or Paul could afford to throw the cash at this.

Fucking rich guys ~ they are all a bunch of wankers.

Why can’t Elon or Bezos or Gates do something useful for society. Those guys have no vision and the money is wasted on them.
Fuck even Bruce or Bono or Paul could afford to throw the cash at this.

Fucking rich guys ~ they are all a bunch of wankers.

In his defense Gates and his Ex have both given away large sums to some worldly causes but I completely agree otherwise.

I don't think I've ever listened to one of their albums straight through, but this is not bad. Would have been more my speed 20 years ago, but can imagine me being in the mood for this when driving late at night.

11/15
Link is working now. I assume the DMB store will have a variant.

Back