Pre-Order Thread

1728572879751.png

1728572928631.png

Big Mouth Billy Bass is a phenomenon that if you weren't there for it, it's very hard to explain.

I whole heartedly disagree.
How, when confronted with the Big Mouth Billy Bass, regardless of the context or situation, can one not understand its absurd genius?

I guess if you don't get Monty Python - the perfection of the Big Mouth Billy Bass might be lost on you.
Its basically the physical manifestation of Monty Python run through the US's fast-food/QVC culture.

I whole heartedly disagree.
How, when confronted with the Big Mouth Billy Bass, regardless of the context or situation, can one not understand its absurd genius?

I guess if you don't get Monty Python - the perfection of the Big Mouth Billy Bass might be lost on you.
Its basically the physical manifestation of Monty Python run through the US's fast-food/QVC culture.
No one needed Monty Python run through QVC “culture.” Monty Python is absurd genius. BMBB is the capitalistic lowest common denominator version. We already have post National Lampoon humor for that.

No one needed Monty Python run through QVC “culture.” Monty Python is absurd genius. BMBB is the capitalistic lowest common denominator version. We already have post National Lampoon humor for that.
Define "need".

Do I "need" a 10 LP Tie-Dyed Colored 59 Song Vinyl Box Set of Grateful Dead covers by bands like Marijuana Deathsquads covering Trucking?

There's a lot of things I don't "need" until someone puts it out into the world.

From a practical and philosophical stand point, there is no real objective difference between the Big Mouth Billy Bass and any Record Store Day release you might have on your list.

Its just easier to convince yourself the RSD release isn't the "capitalistic lowest common denominator" of the commodification of the musical art form because it, typically, doesn't come packaged in the form of a singing plastic fish you hang on the wall.

Maybe the Green Day BBBB is most Punk Rock Art Object of the 21st century when you think about it.

Last edited:
Define "need".

Do I "need" a 10 LP Tie-Dyed Colored 59 Song Vinyl Box Set of Grateful Dead covers by bands like Marijuana Deathsquads covering Trucking?

There's a lot of things I don't "need" until someone puts it out into the word.

From a practical and philosophical stand point, there is no real objective difference between the Big Mouth Billy Bass and any Record Store Day release you might have on your list.

Its just easier to convince yourself the RSD release isn't the "capitalistic lowest common denominator" of the commodification of the musical art form because it, typically, doesn't come packaged in the form of a singing plastic fish you hang on the wall.

Maybe the Green Day BBBB is most Punk Rock Art Object of the 21st century when you think about it.
To each their own and there’s no denying that RSD is the capitalistic gnarling of music, but I’m not the one that said BMBB was remotely comparable to Monty Python.

Back