Pre-Order Thread

Ugh, I had tickets to see them at the Ogden show that they have a poster for from 09, but I had to go to Brazil for a work trip and missed it. If it wasn't the most boring poster on there I'd be tempted by it, lol.
That’s a bummer. I only saw em once, They played Daydream Nation in its entirety at Pitchfork Music Fest, It was amazing show. Yeah, I would have preferred one of the 3 Chicago posters but none of those were too interesting aesthetically unfortunately. There a few cool looking ones still there; though I get why they had dead stock of several of these as they were kinda blah.

Screenshot_2024-10-13-08-38-48-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2024-10-13-08-38-39-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I didn't expect to drop this kind of money this morning, but not risking missing out on these. Very exciting surprise to see this morning.

Don't know how limited but CDJapan has a 1 per order max.

CDJapan coupon until 10/16 AUTUMN24C10 1,000JPY OFF for puchases of 10,000JPY or more

AUTUMN24C3 300JPY OFF for puchases of 6,500JPY or more

View attachment 215970
View attachment 215971

I didn't expect to drop this kind of money this morning, but not risking missing out on these. Very exciting surprise to see this morning.

Don't know how limited but CDJapan has a 1 per order max.

CDJapan coupon until 10/16 AUTUMN24C10 1,000JPY OFF for puchases of 10,000JPY or more

AUTUMN24C3 300JPY OFF for puchases of 6,500JPY or more
@Rip_City not sure if you're a fan too, but thought you might be so tagging you in case.

Who wants to buy me a Halloween present?

I’ve never seen these before. Neat. Thanks for sharing

Obviously percentages are not their strong point. Maybe they address it later but they are using 2024 numbers and there is still 1/4 of the year left to go.
I don’t think they are that wrong. I know a lot of collectors are not buying near what they used too. I know I’m not. I also at one point was subscribed to three record clubs, that number is almost down to zero.

I don’t think they are that wrong. I know a lot of collectors are not buying near what they used too. I know I’m not. I also at one point was subscribed to three record clubs, that number is almost down to zero.
Not disagreeing at all, just saying if you are going to toss around numbers like this article you need to explain where they come from and what they are measuring.

I know I am buying less. With trade-ins, my collection will have shrunk slightly by the end of the year. I feel that I am finding better selections of used items than I was was even a couple of years ago.

Not disagreeing at all, just saying if you are going to toss around numbers like this article you need to explain where they come from and what they are measuring.

I know I am buying less. With trade-ins, my collection will have shrunk slightly by the end of the year. I feel that I am finding better selections of used items than I was was even a couple of years ago.
One store owner online said he'd been sold a number of collections by newer buyers who started collections during COVID. Post COVID, they now go out and spend that cash elsewhere. If you buy into that idea, it's likely there's a percentage lost from those types of recent/new buyers, while the core collectors are buying 1 $50 album vs 2 $ 25 records due to cost hikes.

One store owner online said he'd been sold a number of collections by newer buyers who started collections during COVID. Post COVID, they now go out and spend that cash elsewhere. If you buy into that idea, it's likely there's a percentage lost from those types of recent/new buyers, while the core collectors are buying 1 $50 album vs 2 $ 25 records due to cost hikes.

I have more disposable income than during COVID (student loans paid off, wife got a better job, etc.), but I also buy less vinyl because I'm originally a CD kid and have no aversion to digital, and I can often pick up 3-4 new albums in FLAC via Bandcamp for the price of one record, so I've decided to just pick up records when the deal's good or it's a personal favorite.

Obviously percentages are not their strong point. Maybe they address it later but they are using 2024 numbers and there is still 1/4 of the year left to go.

I have more disposable income than during COVID (student loans paid off, wife got a better job, etc.), but I also buy less vinyl because I'm originally a CD kid and have no aversion to digital, and I can often pick up 3-4 new albums in FLAC via Bandcamp for the price of one record, so I've decided to just pick up records when the deal's good or it's a personal favorite.
Also spending less on vinyl. I am working on intentional spending and I am also getting more into scuba so money is going towards diving stuff and trips lately.

Back