Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

I tried out some VSS stuff on their last sale. I really like their 12" dual pocket outer sleeves with sealable flap for single LPs. The oversized gatefolds (2 flaps) sleeves seem to be too much and I don't trust the flaps without a secondary pocket for the LPs. I used a few of those on some Rhino HF and they fit nicely, but feels weird with the entire jacket always being in a sleeve. Maybe I should try out making them with the outers like MikeH noted. I have a sample pack too - still need to try some of those out.

Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile Inners and Ultimate outer (and oversized) 5.0 are what I use mostly from SleeveCity.

............is it just a me thing that my brain says that if I go with anything but the Sleeve City 5 mils, I have to re-jacket my entire collection? ;)
My obsession does not work like this. I have a wide variety of outers and inners. (All my inners are at least rice paper sleeves - well 99%)

I will also say that SC makes the best standard outers.

I can’t recommend gatefold sleeves enough! I have tried a bunch of these and VSS makes the best.

(I hate the flaps from VSS though, I do have to use them with the modular sleeve to make tri or whatever four panel is called-fold sleeves).

Oh, nothing but rice paper inners grace my collection :)
If there is something besides rice paper, it is poly lined and probably because I cleaned it while I was waiting for sleeves when I waited too long to order new sleeves or is one of the ten or fifteen records on the shelves that hasn’t been cleaned in the spin clean.

Back