Restocks/Represses

Looking for a deal on this - free shipping, maybe?

Both local shops that I stopped into didn't have it.

Amoeba.com has it, maybe a discount code will pop up soon.
Ask and you shall receive. MAY15 takes 15% off.

i was browsing the stock at brooklynvegan.com, which is doing a 20% off sale this weekend, and was shocked to discover they were selling a vinyl pressing of one of my all-time favorite records, arto lindsay's prize, which has never been on vinyl before.

lindsay's 90s records blended electronica, pop, and bossa nova in a way that still sounds incredibly fresh and inventive today. i thoroughly recommend checking it out! it definitely sticks out like a sore thumb on BV, which mostly caters to alt/punk/metal tastes, though.

i had to do a lot of internet sleuthing to find out anything about it, because it doesn't appear for sale anywhere else. only thing i was able to find on it was an article from 2018 (!) describing a small-batch/custom vinyl program offered by a new pressing plant in miami. further sleuthing (goodbye saturday morning :cry:) revealed that the plant was purchased by the group that owns BV in 2021, who are now using it to press (some rather poorly reviewed) shop exclusives.

guessing this is leftover warehouse stock from a pressing that never made it out into the world officially, and wound up at this unlikely merchant via the parent group. which doesn't bode well for quality...but if anyone else here is as big a fan as i am, looks like there's only one copy left! so possibly an extremely rare item indeed.

i was browsing the stock at brooklynvegan.com, which is doing a 20% off sale this weekend, and was shocked to discover they were selling a vinyl pressing of one of my all-time favorite records, arto lindsay's prize, which has never been on vinyl before.

lindsay's 90s records blended electronica, pop, and bossa nova in a way that still sounds incredibly fresh and inventive today. i thoroughly recommend checking it out! it definitely sticks out like a sore thumb on BV, which mostly caters to alt/punk/metal tastes, though.

i had to do a lot of internet sleuthing to find out anything about it, because it doesn't appear for sale anywhere else. only thing i was able to find on it was an article from 2018 (!) describing a small-batch/custom vinyl program offered by a new pressing plant in miami. further sleuthing (goodbye saturday morning :cry:) revealed that the plant was purchased by the group that owns BV in 2021, who are now using it to press (some rather poorly reviewed) shop exclusives.

guessing this is leftover warehouse stock from a pressing that never made it out into the world officially, and wound up at this unlikely merchant via the parent group. which doesn't bode well for quality...but if anyone else here is as big a fan as i am, looks like there's only one copy left! so possibly an extremely rare item indeed.

I like what I hear but now it’s sold out 😞

This feels like its been a decade since I have seen this. They are going fast.

Back