SnowmaNick’s speaker shopping notes

What is going on here?
Apex Audio of Denver. Carl Jerritts is now selling his product lines out of his home. Pretty ultra high end stuff for the most part and he gives great prices because of not having to deal with a brick and mortar shop. The seven foot Clarisys weigh 600lbs a side with half of that being magnets for the ribbons. The designer is flying over from Switzerland to help set them up next week. The $11,000 Borrensen x3 look like a million bucks although I didn’t get to hear them. The Tannoy and Fyne speakers are gorgeous.

Last edited:
Apex Audio of Denver. Carl Jerritts is now selling his product lines out of his home. Pretty ultra high end stuff for the most part and he gives great prices because of not having to deal with a brick and mortar shop. The seven foot Clarysis weigh 600lbs a side with half of that being magnets for the ribbons. The designer is flying over from Switzerland to help set them up next week. The $11,000 Borrensen x3 look like a million bucks although I didn’t get to hear them. The Tannoy and Fyne speakers are gorgeous.
I thought it was yours and I was like
awe2.gif

@SnowmaNick - it’s been a few months now; sticking with the Ref3’s?
Well, after @OMC made me think all my stuff looks like crap, I dunno. 🫤

Seriously though, yeah, I’m good with the Reference 3’s. They ticked all my boxes and were a lot loss than I was budgeting, allowing me to buy a new turntable, audio rack, some arms, a new headamp, and I’m looking at a new phono (Allnic H-6500) maybe in a few months. All for what I was looking at spending on speakers. All of which just makes me happier with the Ref 3’s. They’re seriously good speakers.

Last edited:
Back