The Latest News from Neptune - a Sun Ra thread

A new "Best Of..." boot got listed over in the UK recently. It was cheap and I was curious:

1000006185.jpg1000006186.jpg

How this could remotely be considered a best of with nothing past 1960 is rather hilarious. Otherwise it's a pretty basic shiny thin sleeve featuring 2 of the more heavily used pictures of Sunny. Can't comment on the sound quality just yet but I imagine it's a CD rip.

A new "Best Of..." boot got listed over in the UK recently. It was cheap and I was curious:

View attachment 206881View attachment 206882

How this could remotely be considered a best of with nothing past 1960 is rather hilarious. Otherwise it's a pretty basic shiny thin sleeve featuring 2 of the more heavily used pictures of Sunny. Can't comment on the sound quality just yet but I imagine it's a CD rip.

...In fact, when Reel To Reel was still Real Gone, they did a 2x45LP of Jazz in Silhouette using the same image:

R-3975928-1379780034-4788.jpg

For anybody who didn't pick it up on RSD, Pink Elephants On Parade is now available to stream on Stupify (and likely other DSPs too.) Truly a fantastic collection of tunes.

It's not on Bandcamp yet, but I'm sure it will end up there in conjunction with the general vinyl release before the end of the year.

Sun Ra doing a couple shows in my area. I am too much of a poor to go. Turns out buying $60 audiophile reissues ads up.

Back