The National

Uh. Could be BS but I went ahead and grabbed the other one that was for sale.

I saw this the other day when looking through my discogs and this release in particular since there are loads of the same kind of listing there

It very well might be a scam and you could be out of $80. I would maybe cancel it if I were you because that is way too good to be true.

1681923799613.png

Some of the listings were even using Academy Records' own language in the description when it's very clearly not Academy Records. Very shady stuff.

1681923895415.png

I used Paypal so if it's a scam, they'll reimburse. I removed the post in case it is a scam. I've seen weirder things happen like MOFIs that were super cheap and were legit.

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately it seems like this is the latest Discogs scam. In case anyone wants to spend an hour and 15 minutes hearing forum-favorite Michael 45 describe what @wokeupnew did in two screenshots, here you go:

I saw that A Lot of Sorrow listing mentioned in The National subreddit the other day. If it's legit, then that's a steal. I think it cost about $120 new from 4AD when it was released... somewhere in that range. I actually saw one at my store in Princeton maybe 6 years ago... I think it was priced under $100. Stupidly, I did not buy it because I already had it.

It's not legit. Discogs just reached out to me and said the account was suspended. Paypal already let me know they're refunding me. Again, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. But honestly, one time I got brand new MOFI records for $20 on Discogs and those actually came through.
All of the that users listings were like 81 or 82 dollars. Red flag right there, plus them being a new seller.

It's not legit. Discogs just reached out to me and said the account was suspended. Paypal already let me know they're refunding me. Again, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. But honestly, one time I got brand new MOFI records for $20 on Discogs and those actually came through.

Rip that amazing Timmy sale

😮 nothing here yet…of my three variants ordered
Order processed email just received from Cherry Tree. Was hoping we’d get the vinyl earlier than release day, but it’s just at the label created stage.

Then again, since they are doing global listening parties on the 25th, maybe it’s possible we get them on the 26th? Prob just wishful thinking.

ETA: Just logged into UPS to track the package. I am going to be so disappointed when it doesn't arrive on Saturday...

1681994156064.png

Last edited:
Order processed email just received from Cherry Tree. Was hoping we’d get the vinyl earlier than release day, but it’s just at the label created stage.

Then again, since they are doing global listening parties on the 25th, maybe it’s possible we get them on the 26th? Prob just wishful thinking.

ETA: Just logged into UPS to track the package. I am going to be so disappointed when it doesn't arrive on Saturday...

View attachment 172502
Whaaa I still haven’t received a notice or anything yet

Whaaa I still haven’t received a notice or anything yet
There have been times that I don't receive any notice and items just show up. I also ordered the lyric tee, but haven't received any notice about it. They are two separate orders, but maybe they'll bundle them?

Also, just saw the "Your Mind is Not Your Friend hat and the pocket tee. Dammit, I'm gonna have to order those.

There have been times that I don't receive any notice and items just show up. I also ordered the lyric tee, but haven't received any notice about it. They are two separate orders, but maybe they'll bundle them?

Also, just saw the "Your Mind is Not Your Friend hat and the pocket tee. Dammit, I'm gonna have to order those.
Got an update just a minute ago. At the very least I think it should be here before Friday…

Also yeah I really like that shirt…gonna order one at some point

Back