The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

I feel like Fun Lovin’ Criminals sat nicely next to Sublime, Eminem, Bloodhound Gang, and License To lll era Beastie Boys in a certain type of guys CD flip case in the 90s.
I dont like it.jpeg
I was 14 in '99. The songs were catchy and the lyrics were fun. I wasn't really looking for deep inspiration or anything.
(See also all Limp Bizkit CDs. Not proud of that either.)

I fell asleep on my listen to this last night, not really an indicator of the album, more of I went to bed had it playing in my earbuds and somewhere around track four I was in sleepsville. Have it queued up next. I will say it is the one album for the original run that I don’t currently own a physical copy of. I’m fairly certain that I had a cd of it - my original copies were part of the Cd collection that was stolen… um… 28 years ago. I’ve since replaced the others on CD. Well, not Surfer and Pilgrim, I have them on Vinyl. There must be some reason for that.

View attachment 200645
I was 14 in '99. The songs were catchy and the lyrics were fun. I wasn't really looking for deep inspiration or anything.
(See also all Limp Bizkit CDs. Not proud of that either.)
It’s all good. I can actually understand why this was popular (no explanation for G Love though). I truly believe since music is all subjective that there is no reason to ever think of anything as being a guilty pleasure. You like what you like and that’s okay. Hell, I listened to Debbie Gibson and New Kids on the Block when I was a kid.

Even if it does kind of recall Wave of Mutilation, I think “Velouria” is a jam. It also seems to pick up some steam at that point. “Allison” rips and “Is She Weird” is all kinds of fucked up (like Fleetwood Mac fucked up in addition to weird Deal like musical progression) and great.

Back