The Return of The Mixtape - the September 2024 Spin Challenge!

Go @TenderLovingKiller® Go!

9ba17cad-8c3e-4060-be93-d3e4ba972fb7_text.gif

Between the hurricanes and upcoming holidays I was swamped at work this week thankfully I was able to find some time today to rock out a bit.

I feel you. Other than work, I've been recruiting volunteers for a diving canada event in my spare time. That's this coming weekend. Should be fun though. The quality should be amazing - and my daughter got invited - haven't had a chance to brag about that yet, so I'll do it now. :P

How did the hurricanes affect you out west? insurance stuff?

I feel you. Other than work, I've been recruiting volunteers for a diving canada event in my spare time. That's this coming weekend. Should be fun though. The quality should be amazing - and my daughter got invited - haven't had a chance to brag about that yet, so I'll do it now. :P

How did the hurricanes affect you out west? insurance stuff?
Congratulations! I’m happy you get to experience these exciting achievements with your daughter. You guys will have those memories forever!

Thankfully they didn’t effect my personally but all hands on deck when you work in the insurance industry and a big storm rolls through.

Thread for next month is up for you midnight spinners. Looking at you @Yer Ol' Uncle D!

And don't forget to come by the N&G album of the month club guess thread. I guarantee that November's record is going to make an impact on more than a few of you. Plus you have the chance to win some prizes in my threads!*

*Unless I spend all my record money on myself before the end of the month....

Day 29 – The personalized mixtape
“Oh, I made you a new mix tape” – Jonathan to his brother Will, giving him a mixtape containing songs by Joy Division, The Clash, Bowie, Television and The Smiths, among others (Matt & Ross Duffer, Stranger Things, Season 1 Episode 8, 2016).
Sometimes a record is so perfect for you, it sounds like it was actually made just for you. Play something that feels like that to you.

Pretty Girls Make Graves - Good Health

Spiky shouty early 2000s indie? Straight into my veins please.

Track - "Sad Girls Por Vida"

1000152413.jpg

Day 30 - The last track
“Also, that mixed CD that I left on your doorstep... was the last one that I'll be making for you.
More or less. Anyway, give me a call. I'm doing very well. I hope you're great. Have a great weekend,
and do something fun, you know. Just get out there. Call me, though, when you get a chance. All right. Bye.”
“Message has been deleted.”
“Fuck..” –
Nick leaving a message to Norah about the mix CD he left for her, Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist (directed by Peter Solett, 2008).
Time for the last track on your mix. Play something that includes the last song you would put on your mix. Alternatively, play something with a killer last track.

Hot Chip - One Life Stand

Closing with the great closing track "Take It In"

1000152415.jpg

And with that my playlist and this month are finished! Thank you @Turbo for hosting!! When I joined the thread 10 days into the challenge I thought there was no way in hell I’d be able to finish so I’m rather proud of myself here! And I got a fun playlist to listen to now, it’s alittle too long to fit on a mixtape but it’ll still be a blast to play

Back