Totally Tubular: The Tube Thread

So first thing I’d do is switch the tube with one on the opposite channel. If it still lights up it’s gone and needs replacing. If it doesn’t it might just have been a glitch, but it’s likely it’s nearing the end of its life.

Ok. It happened when I just turned it on at the time of the post. Safe to turn it off and back on immediately? I haven't turned it off yet

Ok just turned the amp off. Going to first check the bad tube in the other channel. If it's still bad I'll switch to the el34's and start buying new gold lion kt88's and resist the urge to start tube rolling because that's out of budget

Ok just turned the amp off. Going to first check the bad tube in the other channel. If it's still bad I'll switch to the el34's and start buying new gold lion kt88's and resist the urge to start tube rolling because that's out of budget
I wouldn't buy a whole new tube compliment if you don't have to, it gets extremely expensive. Just buy a replacement and an extra spare.

I wouldn't buy a whole new tube compliment if you don't have to, it gets extremely expensive. Just buy a replacement and an extra spare.
Good call. But if one goes down doesn't that mean they all are close to going down if they all were new at the same time? Or can the lifespan have that much variance?

That’s the joy of the adaptive autobias, you can have different tube types and it will balance. It will fair quick burn through an EL34 alongside a KT88 but it won’t cause the amp any harm.

That’s the joy of the adaptive autobias, you can have different tube types and it will balance. It will fair quick burn through an EL34 alongside a KT88 but it won’t cause the amp any harm.

I have a full set of EL34's because anthonyl (not going to keep tagging him) is awesome when he sold it to me. So I'm going to switch our all of them I think.

Back up and running. Thanks everyone. Will be fun to see if I notice any differences in the EL34'S.

This did make me wonder. On the primaluna dialogue premium, how do I know when the front tubes need to be replaced? They do not have indicator lights

Back