UK Members

UK friends! My brother will be in London/Brighton next week-end. Any recommandations of stuff to do/visit/eat/drink etc...?

Also, I am pretty sure it was possible to pick-up Mr Bongo orders at their physical shop in Brighton but this option doesn't appears in their shipping options. Any of you can confirm it was possible or is it something I dreamt of?
I still see it when I continue through to make the purchase:

IMG_1957.jpeg

UK friends! My brother will be in London/Brighton next week-end. Any recommandations of stuff to do/visit/eat/drink etc...?

Also, I am pretty sure it was possible to pick-up Mr Bongo orders at their physical shop in Brighton but this option doesn't appears in their shipping options. Any of you can confirm it was possible or is it something I dreamt of?
The North Laines is a good place to start, bohemian atmosphere with a few decent indie record shops for both new and second hand (Rarekind, Family Store and Resident off the top of my dome) and some great cafes, pubs and random shops.

The North Laines is a good place to start, bohemian atmosphere with a few decent indie record shops for both new and second hand (Rarekind, Family Store and Resident off the top of my dome) and some great cafes, pubs and random shops.
Just wanted to add to this if anyone reads the original post, I cannot recommend Family Store any more, they advertise bits that aren’t in stock and have let me down so apologies if anybody had a bad experience on my recommendation.
I stand by Rarekind Records, great new and second hand stock.

I know there has been some talk in the forum about insurance for all our gear. If you pop onto the Loud and Clear Facebook page you can see a post about them working with an insurer on a deal. Might be worth a call if you're interested.

Thought I would drop this here as well. Resident Records are having their usual post-RSD sale.

I placed an order for the RSD Sun Ra - Inside The Light World: Sun Ra Meets The Ovc (£18.49 down from £36.99) and the New Land RSD pressing of Kenny Dorham - This Is The Moment: Sings And Plays (£19.98 down from £39.99)

Heading to London and Brighton for the next few weeks! Brighton recs above are helpful--will be with my 19 month old and without my wife in Brighton so thats my time to hit up all the record stores I can :ROFLMAO: .

Anything music-related coming up in London July 22-July 25? Think my wife's parents are going to come down to London to give my wife and I a night out and my wife is down to go see a live jazz show or something if there's anything good on? Saw we are just missing Patrice Rushen which is a shame!

Heading to London and Brighton for the next few weeks! Brighton recs above are helpful--will be with my 19 month old and without my wife in Brighton so thats my time to hit up all the record stores I can :ROFLMAO: .

Anything music-related coming up in London July 22-July 25? Think my wife's parents are going to come down to London to give my wife and I a night out and my wife is down to go see a live jazz show or something if there's anything good on? Saw we are just missing Patrice Rushen which is a shame!
IMG_1243.png

There are a good bunch of stores in this area in Brighton. Resident is probably the best bet as it’s on a nice shopping street, but there are loads of shops in that area.

So no civil war here Elon - here’s one for U.K. members of a certain age

Britpop 94-96 24 bands 24 albums 24 months #britpop #oasis #blur #vinyl community #90smusic #vinyl

Anyone attempt getting Oasis tickets. My mates had a slight disaster. One passed at £216 each as it was too expensive but didn’t tell the rest of them he had them, so another pal bought 4 at £360 each!

The fact that Ticketmaster allowed the price to go that high is offensive…

Anyone attempt getting Oasis tickets. My mates had a slight disaster. One passed at £216 each as it was too expensive but didn’t tell the rest of them he had them, so another pal bought 4 at £360 each!

The fact that Ticketmaster allowed the price to go that high is offensive…
I tried but after being in a queue for 6 hours it then put me in a new queue. This actually went down quite quickly, maybe another hour but it was all four of us or none of us and there was only the odd scattered seat left so I passed, didn’t even get to the point of checking prices. Were I a much bigger fan I’d be pissed off but they’re really a nostalgia piece for me, bit gutted for my eldest lad who likes them though.

I tried but after being in a queue for 6 hours it then put me in a new queue. This actually went down quite quickly, maybe another hour but it was all four of us or none of us and there was only the odd scattered seat left so I passed, didn’t even get to the point of checking prices. Were I a much bigger fan I’d be pissed off but they’re really a nostalgia piece for me, bit gutted for my eldest lad who likes them though.
Same here I wasn’t hugely invested. But had a go - Left a couple of laptops running and just gave up after gueuing For 4 hrs - Even the genuine prices feel like touts price gouging and it get even worse when it reaches them I hear. No gig is worth the money changing hands, I wish they would just cut the touts out - Find a way no matter how hard., it’s immoral.

Just had my first Saddlecreek customs charge. Guessing it’s from my paragon splurge as I ended up grabbing all but one in the end. Anyone else had a customs charge for non-anthology related stuff? Wondering if this is the new standard for VMP as that would defo mean no more store exclusives for me

Just had my first Saddlecreek customs charge. Guessing it’s from my paragon splurge as I ended up grabbing all but one in the end. Anyone else had a customs charge for non-anthology related stuff? Wondering if this is the new standard for VMP as that would defo mean no more store exclusives for me
No - Im nearly out anyhow but shipping always been straightforward.

It’s just got a whole bunch weirder. After I paid I checked my account and the general customs charge is right for all the paragon stuff but that’s showing as not in stock until January. The customs request is totally legit though and they do have a package for me.

Shot in the dark but I got really drunk one night, ordered the Impulse box, woke up the next day, cancelled the impulse box and got a refund. There’s no way VMPs systems are so sketchy they’d still send it after the order has been cancelled and refunded. Right?

I seem to remember they only waived customs on orders up to £135 so possibly a big order gets stung?

It’s just got a whole bunch weirder. After I paid I checked my account and the general customs charge is right for all the paragon stuff but that’s showing as not in stock until January. The customs request is totally legit though and they do have a package for me.

Shot in the dark but I got really drunk one night, ordered the Impulse box, woke up the next day, cancelled the impulse box and got a refund. There’s no way VMPs systems are so sketchy they’d still send it after the order has been cancelled and refunded. Right?
🤞

Back