Vinyl Me, D - A Free Record Club

Alrighty everyone!

After a number of spins of The Jesus and Mary Chain, I've decided that it's not going to get the love and spins in my collection that it deserves, so I'm going to PIF it to a random person who likes this post! I'll draw a winner on Sunday afternoon. US only please!

Much love to D for the pick and introducing me to a band that I've heard a lot about but never actually sat down and listened to before. Hoping to receive more of these types of picks this year!

Last edited:
Alrighty everyone!

After a number of spins of The Jesus and Mary Chain, I've decided that it's not going to get the love and spins in my collection that it deserves, so I'm going to PIF it to a random person who likes this post! I'll draw a winner on Sunday afternoon. US only please!

Much love to D for the pick and introducing me to a band that I've heard a lot about but never actually sat down and listened to before. Hoping to receive more of these types of picks this year!
Supported! I personally enjoy this one a lot, but it definitely isn't for everyone!

Alrighty everyone!

Passing it on....that's what it's all about.

OK, so check it out: scientology + the guy from THEY LIVE!
Who's the most famous scientologist? tom cruise. how do you see the aliens in THEY LIVE? by wearing special sunglasses. What is Tom Cruise well known for wearing? SUNGLASSES

obviously it's going to be

Alrighty everyone!

@Dead C - you're the winner! DM your info and I'll get it shipped out this week.

Screenshot_20230226-195046.png

Ok, I think I've had enough time to digest both the studio album and the live record.

I think what struck me the most is just how similar, yet different they are. The quieter tracks on the studio album were definitely the ones that stood out to me the most, and the opposite is true on the live record. In the studio, you can really FEEL the space when it's just Neil and a guitar or a piano. Emotionally, those hit me like a ton of bricks. Whereas on the live record, the rockers really fucking rocked, and Neil and the gang's tightness from literally just recording the album really made them tight. The jams soared. I think overall I liked the live album better, but I'm generally just a sucker for a live album (Thanks nugs). A great addition to the collection!

This was definitely an exercise that I enjoyed. Neil's the man. I hope I get to see him before he crosses over, because he's had such an impact on my musical tastes.

As a side note, Neil is apparently releasing "Under The Rainbow" soon, which is a live show from November 5, 1973. Right in the middle of this material. I'm sure it's also great. I'll look to pick it up.

I love this record. I burned a cd copy of it from the library in high school and it's my most listened to Beck album just from that.

I was listening to it the day I posted that comment. It's one of my favorites, too, but I still love One Foot In The Grave.

When Sea Change first came out, I wasn't so aware of Serge Gainsbourg to recognize that "Paper Tiger" basically sounds like a Melody Nelson track.

Last edited:
I have experience with exactly 2 songs in The Cult's discography, both from Guitar Hero games - Love Removal Machine from Guitar Hero: World Tour, and She Sells Sanctuary from Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. I remember Love Removal Machine more, mostly because I wore that game out, but in both cases I enjoyed playing then

Looking forward to giving this a listen!

I have experience with exactly 2 songs in The Cult's discography, both from Guitar Hero games - Love Removal Machine from Guitar Hero: World Tour, and She Sells Sanctuary from Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. I remember Love Removal Machine more, mostly because I wore that game out, but in both cases I enjoyed playing then

Looking forward to giving this a listen!
How have you never heard:

Back