Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Wonder what the pressing details for Veckatimest will be, can't recall how the standard pressing sounds but I think it was fine. If they can make that thing sound GREAT though wehhhhheeewwwwww, I will be stoked. Thats a HUGE album for me that deserves deluxe packaging + mastering. Confessions was also the first CD I owned along with Linkin Park Hybrid Theory and Avril Lavigne's debut. Every song on that album is a HIT, and fortunately the worst song (Yeah!) is right at the start so you can skip right over it lol.
Yeah! is a banger of a crunk song! I love the dirty, alarmed, pulsating, hyped up production on the track! I love Usher’s sexy, confident vocals on the song too! I can understand why you don’t like Yeah!, but it’s a certified classic! 🔥🔥🔥

Yeah! is a banger of a crunk song! I love the dirty, alarmed, pulsating, hyped up production on the track! I love Usher’s sexy, confident vocals on the song too! I can understand why you don’t like Yeah!, but it’s a certified classic! 🔥🔥🔥
I enjoy it and agree it’s a classic track for its time but I think it’s the least musical and impressive track on the album. I’ve heard it and enjoyed it enough to never want to hear it again lol.

I enjoy it and agree it’s a classic track for its time but I think it’s the least musical and impressive track on the album. I’ve heard it and enjoyed it enough to never want to hear it again lol.
Mmmmm yeah! I know what you mean by you never want to never hear it again!

Simple Things is a decent track but is definitely my least favourite! It just sounds preachy and cliche for me! A smooth track, but a bit bland overall!

Mmmmm yeah! I know what you mean by you never want to never hear it again!

Simple Things is a decent track but is definitely my least favourite! It just sounds preachy and cliche for me! A smooth track, but a bit bland overall!
Damn! That’s honestly one of my favorites, that chorus??? Whewwww

“Just bought your girl a brand new Rolex, but you can never find the time to spend at home. Thinking that’s gon keep her happy but time is all she wanted all along”

Them lyrics had 8 year old single me like

Damn! That’s honestly one of my favorites, that chorus??? Whewwww

“Just bought your girl a brand new Rolex, but you can never find the time to spend at home. Thinking that’s gon keep her happy but time is all she wanted all along”

Them lyrics had 8 year old single me like

My favourites on the album are:

Yeah!
Throwback
Confessions
Confessions Pt II
Burn
That’s What It’s Made For
Can U Handle It?
Do It To Me
Take Your Hand
Follow Me

Those last five tracks are all sexy! 😈🥀💦

Bad Girl is a swinging track that has a striking, sexy guitar riff, but isn’t a sexy song! Bad Girl sounds like the breakdown part in Justin Timberlake’s Señorita where he’s making the girls and boys in the crowd singing their part! Like it’s just a bit cheesy! Bad Girl isn’t a sexy song in my opinion! Just saying! 😂

Last edited:
I’ll be honest, outside of “Yeah!”, I don’t think I’m very familiar with Usher. And I don’t really like that song (in fact, I think I may hate it lol).

I’ll give the album a listen on Spotify though and see if I end up liking it.

Literally the first 5 songs and the last 5 songs are my favourite on the album! The middle 5 songs are my least favourite even though I enjoy them! Caught Up and Truth Hurts being my favourite from those middle tracks!

Ahhh, I’m so excited for Confessions!!!

I’ll be honest, outside of “Yeah!”, I don’t think I’m very familiar with Usher. And I don’t really like that song (in fact, I think I may hate it lol).

I’ll give the album a listen on Spotify though and see if I end up liking it.
Mmmm I actually can imagine a lot of people on here just hating the song “Yeah!”, thinking it’s annoying! Yeah! is just such a heated, sweaty, dirty, red alert, slutty track and I fucking love it!!! Makes me want to get down and party lol 😂😂😂

Mmmm I actually can imagine a lot of people on here just hating the song “Yeah!”, thinking it’s annoying! Yeah! is just such a heated, sweaty, dirty, red alert, slutty track and I fucking love it!!! Makes me want to get down and party lol 😂😂😂
Well for what it’s worth, I’m about halfway through the album and am actually liking it. Still don’t like Yeah! though lol

First review on cogs for Wu is "right channel surface noise all throughout side A". Looks like we're 3 for 3!

EDIT: And seeing the same reports about Fear of a Black Planet. Unreal.
Oh dear! At least there’s been more positive reviews for 36 Chambers than negative on Reddit! But still…it’s ridiculous!

If there is a widespread issue on Fear Of Black Planet as well, then that’s just going to be problematic for both GZ and VMP!

I wonder how much more this will have to re-occur for VMP and GZ to make drastic changes!

I also wonder who is losing more money for these issues occuring - GZ for having to repress or VMP for choosing to go with GZ and for shipping costs etc!

Oh dear! At least there’s been more positive reviews for 36 Chambers than negative on Reddit! But still…it’s ridiculous!

If there is a widespread issue on Fear Of Black Planet as well, then that’s just going to be problematic for both GZ and VMP!

I wonder how much more this will have to re-occur for VMP and GZ to make drastic changes!

I also wonder who is losing more money for these issues occuring - GZ for having to repress or VMP for choosing to go with GZ and for shipping costs etc!
At least, as you said, it does appear that there are good copies since there are people saying theirs are fine. But I bet this is gunna be baaaaaad

All three upcoming Essentials ROTM’s?
yeah... grizzly bear is definitely there.. i only heard the singles of confessions but its a classic and required for someone in Georgia... and Funkadelic seems interested but.. I've never listened to an album by them ever

yeah... grizzly bear is definitely there.. i only heard the singles of confessions but its a classic and required for someone in Georgia... and Funkadelic seems interested but.. I've never listened to an album by them ever
I definitely want you to get Usher, because I think it’s very ‘out there’ for VMP to do such an R&B album for Essentials! And like you said, it’s a classic! I’m very happy that Confessions got included in the updated version for Rolling Stone’s top 500 albums of all-time!

Also, I’ve got a strong feeling the Essentials ROTM will be The Meters’ Rejuvenation and not a Funkadelic album! I sure do hope so we’re getting Rejuvenation as I’ve always been a huge fan of that album! I’ve got the album on vinyl but would love to upgrade it! Haven’t spun my copy in ages too!

Hasn't been mentioned that I've seen, and is highly unlikely to get the Essentials treatment, but Lust Lust Lust by The Raveonettes also fits the clues for October Essentials. I would personally be ecstatic if it made the cut as the original Vice pressing is really not great, but I can't imaging too many other people would be.

And now that I think of it, The Coast Is Never Clear by Beulah fits the clues too, though if they were to do a Beulah album, it really should be the never pressed Yoko.

In any case, Grizzly Bear is far more on brand for VMP, so I'm sure it's that one.

Hasn't been mentioned that I've seen, and is highly unlikely to get the Essentials treatment, but Lust Lust Lust by The Raveonettes also fits the clues for October Essentials. I would personally be ecstatic if it made the cut as the original Vice pressing is really not great, but I can't imaging too many other people would be.

And now that I think of it, The Coast Is Never Clear by Beulah fits the clues too, though if they were to do a Beulah album, it really should be the never pressed Yoko.

In any case, Grizzly Bear is far more on brand for VMP, so I'm sure it's that one.
Yeah, let's go ahead and just have all the Beulah albums available. That would be the right thing to do. Would love to have those!

Back