Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I don't think so but according to this article we should have Lauryn Hill as ROTM or store exclusive sometimes next year.
If anything that article just confirms it IMO... we already know it's coming to essentials, it is essential (far more so than BTH), she debuted in 1993 and August is the 25th anniversary of the release year/month... surely the clear favourite?

Wait until you find out how many copies you got if you ordered two

77186075_1045241125818278_1653284571820589056_n-1.jpg

😁

So safe assumption that Essentials is locked down:
Sly and the Family Stone - There's a Riot Goin' on
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal
Santigold - Santigold.

Already have Sly, definitely in for Bone Thugs and I'll have to listen to Santigold again as I think I've only heard the album with Keepers on it (and enjoyed that one).

Santigold - Santigold.

Already have Sly, definitely in for Bone Thugs and I'll have to listen to Santigold again as I think I've only heard the album with Keepers on it (and enjoyed that one).
Bone is a definite for which month? Been after that one.

Santigold - Santigold.

I'll pass Sly (I have a Kevin Gray'd Sundazed reissue). In for the two others.

I'm looking forward to adding the first two to the collection, but even though I loved that Santigold album when it came out it doesn't still hit for me like it used to and it's not essential imo.

I know the essentials is probably There’s a Riot, but I really don’t think there were 12 people in the group at the time. Wiki lists 12 that played on the record but half aren’t official members. And really, a huge amount of that album is Sly alone overdubbing himself.

When interpreting clues, always consider the Storf (source)
Oh I know. It’s not the first nor will it be the last time that we’ve gotten bad info on a clue. But even a cursory look at the musicians who played on album on wiki would make you say that they were not members (specifically Ike Turner, Billy Preston and Bobby Womack all huge names in music history). Just not a great clue in general.

I’m not disputing Sly shouldn’t be an Essential, I get why it is. But I just could never get into the album. But everyone is always going on about how great it is.

I don’t know what’s wrong with my ears. :(
Personally I think it's great, but definitely not going to judge for not loving it.
My copy is simply "okay" and that's fine by me, I'm not going to waste a pick on doubling up on this one.

I’m not disputing Sly shouldn’t be an Essential, I get why it is. But I just could never get into the album. But everyone is always going on about how great it is.

I don’t know what’s wrong with my ears. :(

Nothing wrong. Thankfully we all have different ears and appreciate things differently. Just because a lot of people says it's an essential doesn't mean everyone have to like it.

Back