Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I don't think that's an issue on this arm. Only on suitcase tables. This one tracks a little heavy I was told and it never gave me any trouble unless it was a record defect when it comes to skips. I could be wrong of course, but that was my experience.
But have you fucking tried a nickel? (Oh wait you don’t have yours yet).

Probably another feature of mastering from a cd in Storf’s floorboard.

But have you fucking tried a nickel? (Oh wait you don’t have yours yet).

Probably another feature of mastering from a cd in Storf’s floorboard.
I didn't get this one. I went with the other. I have the Rhino reissue and thought that would be good enough for me. Trying to do less doubling up on records after you told me in the order thread that I need remind myself that I don't actually need any more records.

I didn't get this one. I went with the other. I have the Rhino reissue and thought that would be good enough for me. Trying to do less doubling up on records after you told me in the order thread that I need remind myself that I don't actually need any more records.
WHY WOULD I SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS? Sounds like some dumb shit a Train fan would say. Lol

With Gus Cannon, if they were smart they would have really cut into the pressing numbers this month given the international change, etc. If Joni was 3,500, I could see Gus being only a few thousand pressed.
VMP admitted that they order what they assume demand to be based on their socials' reaction to the title. I would expect a really low number. 2500 max? Less?

I still don’t believe that 3500 number. I’d like to read the Joni article. I feel it is a typo (which would then be an insane # or more likely there is context missing)

Here’s the article:

So here’s the thing with this. I remember years ago that there is something about they can’t count all their sales towards the billboard count because something - Madlib or something - sold more than Paul McCartney the month it came out and the charts were adjusted to cripple their reporting.

The other thing is that the article reports it sold less than 3600 copies in the reporting period and VMP sold around 3600 during the promotion.

If I had to guess there were 3600 add ons and/or new subs generated by the Joni album. I’d still guess it sold less than 20000 copies overall though.

Also @Biscuit , as to the comeback? It was of the album, which makes a lot more sense.

Here’s the article:

So here’s the thing with this. I remember years ago that there is something about they can’t count all their sales towards the billboard count because something - Madlib or something - sold more than Paul McCartney the month it came out and the charts were adjusted to cripple their reporting.

The other thing is that the article reports it sold less than 3600 copies in the reporting period and VMP sold around 3600 during the promotion.

If I had to guess there were 3600 add ons and/or new subs generated by the Joni album. I’d still guess it sold less than 20000 copies overall though.

Also @Biscuit , as to the comeback? It was of the album, which makes a lot more sense.
yea--i think the numbers counted toward billboard have some specific criteria and are not total album sales from VMP. they are trying to get their numbers counted fully i believe toward billboard charts. i also bet it sold way less than 20k. VMP seemed a little disappointed in how it sold IIRC. they thought it would sell more but I think having the 33 be available (and this being not one of her most popular albums) may have affected their sales.

yea--i think the numbers counted toward billboard have some specific criteria and are not total album sales from VMP. they are trying to get their numbers counted fully i believe toward billboard charts. i also bet it sold way less than 20k. VMP seemed a little disappointed in how it sold IIRC. they thought it would sell more but I think having the 33 be available (and this being not one of her most popular albums) may have affected their sales.
If they wanna bundle it with Gus next month, I’ll swap Frisell for it instead of CCR.

I doubt they have 20k subscribers any more. Most vinyl people I know in real life think decently of them but don’t have a subscription (a number of whom used to). I could see that number being closer to 10k and that’s why there more of a financial squeeze.

Back